8 ~ Come With Me

"Azul!"

His head shot in the direction of the voice. Was he hearing things? He hadn't seen Yuu since last summer and had been disappointed when he didn't find her before the freshman orientation, but he figured he'd just meet up with her tomorrow.

She had other plans. "Azul!" she hollered again, jumping up and down and waving as they made eye contact. Vil shot her a dirty look. "You're giving the freshmen a poor impression of our dorm," he scolded, but she was already walking towards where the Octavinelle freshmen were lined up. She waved at Vil dismissively. "Just give me a sec!"

"I hope you're ready to handle whatever punishment I prepare for you," he called in return before returning his attention to his new freshmen. "If any of you think you'll be able to get away with behaving like that this year, think again."

"Azul!" she exclaimed again, tugging at his sleeve and giving him a wide smile. "Or should I say Housewarden Ashengrotto~?" If it were anyone else, he would be annoyed, but Yuu wasn't anyone else. She got special treatment.

"Yuu," he greeted. "How was your summer?"

"I'll tell you all about it later," she replied. "But for now, could you come with me?"

He glanced at the freshmen nervously, though showing little emotion on his face. "Is it an emergency? I have a set plan in place for how I wish to proceed with the rest of the day. It's my first year as housewarden, so setting a good first impression is vital."

"Yeah, yeah, your big ol' plan to make them... what was it? 'Loyal pawns of Octavinelle' or something? This'll only take a second. I think. Please?"

Azul ran a hand through his hair before letting out a deep exhale. "Freshmen, please follow the instructions of your vice dorm leader! There is something that I need to take care of, but I assure you that I will return momentarily."

Jade raised an eyebrow. "Shall I proceed according to the plan, then?"

Azul nodded and Yuu gave Jade a thumbs-up. "Congrats on vice-housewarden! I'll make sure Azul's back in a jiffy."

"Thank you. Go ahead and take as long as you need," Jade replied, his kind smile shifting into a sinister one. Azul's nose crinkled and he turned to Yuu. "Let's make this quick. I'd prefer to not allow him the chance to execute whatever he's planning."

Yuu linked her arm with Azul's and whisked him away, down a number of hallways and into an isolated corridor. He smirked at her as she unlinked her arm from his. "Are you planning on murdering me here?"

"Mmhm, and I'll hide your body in the Botanical Gardens. I'm sure you'd make good fertilizer~" They both laughed until Yuu suddenly quieted down, eliciting a quirked eyebrow from Azul.

She gave him a bright smile, though her cheeks were turning redder with every passing second. "Hey, Azul," she started, and Azul was hit with the rush of infatuation for her he felt whenever she said his name.

"Wanna go out with me?"

"..."

"Is that a no? Man, you really did meet a hot mermaid with a beach body over the summer and forgot about me..."

Azul let out a sigh. "I-It's not that, it's just..." He pinched the bridge of his nose, looking simultaneously frustrated and flushed. "This isn't quite what I'd qualify as an emergency."

"Oh, I wanted to ask you now so I could do this."

She pinned him against the wall with her hands on both sides of his head, laughing at the way his eyes widened, cheeks reddened, and lips pursed. There was that adorable expression again, just like when she kissed him.

"Yes or no?"

"Wha-What exactly am I agreeing to?"

"You're so cute when you look all panicked like this~" She caressed the longer strand of hair that hung at the side of his face, kissing it gently. "Yes or no, Azul?"

"Y-Yes?"

She grabbed the side of his hood to cover their faces and pressed their lips together. Azul let out a tiny yelp before tentatively moving his hands to her back, allowing for even less distance between the two of them.

"My~ That wouldn't happen to be our dear housewarden, would it?"

Yuu pulled away to give Jade a dark glare, still concealing the side of Azul's face. "Shouldn't you be showing the freshies the way to Octavinelle?"

"Just wanted to affirm that he was still with you," Jade said, eying the covered figure that was very obviously Azul burying his face in his hands. "Floyd's keeping an eye on them right now. How much longer do you expect you'll be?" A sinister smirk. "Should I expect Azul to return at all?"

A small hum escaped Yuu as she turned to Azul, giving him a lecherous smirk and causing him to sink even more against the wall and let out a quiet noise of protest. "I'd say that's up to him~"

"Very well then," Jade chuckled. "I'll go make sure Floyd hasn't begun squeezing anyone yet."

They remained motionless, listening as his footsteps got quieter and quieter until they eventually diminished entirely. Yuu leaned down to Azul once again until their lips were just barely brushing against each other, chuckling softly at the dazed, red-faced expression on his face.

"Now, where were we?"