Chp.31 | Talk with Hisso

The class went by in a breeze, and as soon as the bell had rang, Venti shot up and walked quickly over to Hisso,"Hisso, let's talk." He said to her, a visible frown on his face.

Luckily. He wouldn't be skipping class since this was the last one of the day. Hisso looked a little confused, but responded with a quick,"Alright."

Obviously, she didn't talk to people much. She was confused why Venti of all people wanted to speak with her. "Let's go into the halls." Venti said, beginning to walk as she followed.

They stopped in a less crowded hall. Venti looked nervous, he was worried about what Hisso was going to say.

"Do you know where Xiao is—? I'm starting to get worried." Venti broke the silence as he frowned, anticipating her answer anxiously.

Hisso paused for a moment,"Xiao and I haven't talked since like—...last week." She gave a small shrug, a look of guilt spreading across her face.

That made Venti realize something. When Xiao confessed, he told him that Hisso was trying to help him with his 'crush' on Venti. "Hisso..did you tell Xiao to ask about Rita's confession?" Venti stifled out an answer.

Hisso looked completely regretful,"Look, I-I'm sorry—" she didn't have time to make up an excuse or defend herself.

"Why?" Venti cringed at how he asked it, he sounded like he was in some kind of angsty romance story. "He—confessed to me last week."

"I know..he told me when I texted him." She stated,"Look, Venti..he's been trying really really hard.." she frowned,"I'm not the best at romance—I mean, all I do is suffocate in the stupid books and pretend I know anything about it because I really wanted to help.." she stayed silent for a second,"But, I guess I was just being selfish."

"What do you mean?" Venti questioned her, referring to the last part.

"Someone that I liked...had a crush on him." She looked away from Venti, not being able to hold eye contact,"..Rita." She admitted, in a mumble,"She asked you out because she wanted to get closer to Xiao..and I knew this would set her mind off of something like that, so I just told him to talk to her."

Venti looked completely shocked,"Seriously?" He asked, not being able to believe it. He may as well be stupid, dense even.

Hisso frowned with a nod,"But, she's super mad at me right now because she found out I made Xiao do that. So..it doesn't matter anymore." This was a completely different side of Hisso. She was usually so quiet and kept to herself—except when she was with Xiao and Rita, of course.

She was just misunderstood and felt helpless. Is this how Xiao felt? Venti let out a small sigh, looking disappointed but more than that, regretful.

This conversation hadn't been help to find out what was going on with Xiao, but instead, it was kind of an eye opener. Hisso and Xiao hadn't been anywhere near dating—Hisso didn't even like boys. Much less did Xiao like girls. Venti felt like such an idiot. Was that why Xiao got upset when Venti mentioned them dating?

Hisso noticed Venti's silence,"Sorry. I shouldn't have done it—.." she tried to apologized, looking up at Venti.

"It's okay, Hisso.. If anything, I should be the one to apologize." Venti frowned,"I didn't know she was just using me. And,..I wasn't being fair to Xiao." His voice went a bit quieter.

Hisso seemed a bit surprised,"Venti.., do you like him?" She asked him. Her expression didn't label anything but shock; like she'd just realized something.

Venti stayed silent for a moment, but, he didn't look offended. Nothing of the sort, actually. Instead, he looked confused himself. "I-...I don't know.." Is all he could answer. No simple yes or no, because truly, Venti wasn't sure.

Hisso paused, before smiling,"You should probably talk to Xiao. I'm sure he won't mind too much if you visit his house." She stated,"He's always happy to see you."

"Ah—.." he let out,"Alright.." he gave a soft nod, looking nervous and embarrassed. "Thank you, Hisso." He said, a small smile making its way to his face.

"Don't worry about it." Hisso responded, feeling like she'd helped a bit. This soothed some of her guilt, but that didn't mean things would get any better with Rita.

Venti left the building not too long after that. He walked past all of his friends, before being stopped by Bennett,"You've been weird all day, why are you leaving so fast?" He asked.

"I have to do something important." Venti stated, his voice a bit more serious. Bennett pouted,"Jeez, you're being edgy."

"Ug—be quiet." Venti shook his head, before shoving past Bennett. He wanted to take this seriously, he didn't care how he looked to others. He wanted to stop being so stupid, and just tell Xiao the truth. That he's sorry.

Honestly, he didn't know how he felt about Xiao. At first, he hated him, then was okay with him, then started being friends with him, and then just got uncomfortable around him. But..that uncomfortable feeling. It was right after Xiao had confessed to him.

Venti was beginning to think that wasn't him just being uncomfortable. Maybe it was something different. Embarrassment, maybe? Nervousness?

He didn't know..but he just wanted to tell Xiao everything. He wasn't sure if the other even liked him anymore, but it was worth a shot. Wether they'd end up as friends, strangers, or..lovers—god, it made Venti embarrassed just thinking about it.

WORD COUNT; 955