08. The Promise Of The Past

'If you let me, I'll be
Out of my dress and into your arms tonight'

Jimin ran with all his might. Possibly as much away from King, the better. Each tear left his eyes took him back in time with each step...

His legs kept moving until they came to an abrupt hall when he collided to someone. He looked up to the person with his tear stained face.

His mind went to where it all started....

Twelve year old Jimin ran behind the older while whining.

The Alpha suddenly stopped to look behind. The little one was still yet to reach him. He raised his hand to wave the tiffin he had brought and tease the younger.

"Jimin ah... If you come this slow, I doubt if you would ever get to eat this!!!", He said loudly making Jimin run even faster. Other waited until Jimin came towards him. As Jimin reached him, he raised his hand which was holding the tiffin so that Jimin won't be able to reach it.

"Hyung!!! You're so mean... You said you brought these for me!!!", Jimin whined with his cute voice which the Alpha couldn't help but adore.

"I didn't say it like that. I said that my mom had made some because I like it and I thought I should share some with you. Not that you could keep the whole Pajeon I brought.", Minho said chuckling. But then Jimin just puffed his cheeks, pulling out his best angered face to intimidate the older Alpha. Even though it didn't help anything because no matter how angry he became, he still managed to look like the cutest little wolf.

He couldn't help himself when Jimin would get upset. He just hated to see Jimin upset or crying. Thus, he immediately brought his hands down only for Jimin to snatch it and run away. He just shook his head and followed the little wolf who had already started devouring the Pajeon.

"Why were you late today?", Minho asked looking at Jimin who was all concentrated in Pajeon right now and had his cheeks stuffed. He looked like cute pouty duckling.

"Eomma was teaching me how to make guk.", Jimin said still not paying much attention to older boy. Minho frowned.

"Why?"

"She wants me to learn cooking and other household work.", He said shrugging. Now Minho was even more confused.

"But why is that?", He asked shifting a little.

"I'm going to present in a year or two. She says if I become an Alpha, I can work as a guard for our Kisaeng house. But if not then it would be better I learn some household work so that I can either work in some rich household. If I become an Omega then I should learn how to be a decent housewife. Since it's less likely I'll be an Alpha, she's pressuring me to learn everything as soon as possible.", He said. While speaking he had stopped eating and looked up at Minho.

Clearly he was a confused little child who still didn't how this world worked. Besides Minho, no one actually was his friend. Only few children from Kisaeng house. But all those children were growing up to become a Kisaeng. He didn't know exactly what was it. He just knew that whatever it was, it wasn't good. His mother didn't want him to be one of them even though she herself was one. He just respected and loved her mother and so never questioned her on anything. Afterall she was the only family he had got...

"But hyung... I don't understand, what if I become an Omega? People don't like me. They say I'm also going to be Kisaeng just like my mother. No Alpha is going to marry me. But why? Is that Kisaeng thing so bad? But I like my Eomma however...", He asked innocently.

Eighteen year old Minho couldn't answer his innocent question.

"Your Eomma isn't bad Jimin ah. What's bad is people's point of view. They think they have right to look down upon Kisaengs just because they themselves live in high society. You don't listen to them. Do you think I hate you?", He tried to convince the child. Jimin's eyes twinkled, just like how Minho liked them to be.

"Exactly... I told my Eomma. Even if no Alpha is going to marry me, Minho hyung will definitely do....", Little Jimin's statement left the Alpha in shell shocked expressions.

Why wouldn't he marry Jimin? Instead that was the only dream he has ever seen ever since he saw Jimin the first time almost five years ago. Jimin was just a pup. But he had decided that he will marry him no matter what his rank would be...

"Won't you hyung?", Jimin asked hopefully. Minho's dazed expressions made him thought that the older was contemplating his decision. But then Minho snapped out of his daze and looked at the boy.

"I would love to Jimin ah..."

Jimin's face contorted even more when he saw Minho's confused and worried glance. The only person who never left his side until now. And the person Jimin had started trusting more with his own life throughout the years of their unnamed but purest bond.

"Jimin ah... Are you okay?"

He let his tears flow freely as he buried his nose into Alpha's chest without saying anything.

And Minho let him, like he always did, without any question.

"Take me away hyung..."

Minho quickly leaned down to engulf the Omega in his safe embrace and started walking out of the mansion. No one stopped them, he was one of the courtiers after all.

Minho buried his sadness into his chest once again so that he could attend to Jimin like the hundred million times in the past and he will continue to do so for another hundred million...

_________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

So first things first, I don't want anyone commenting "is this really a Jikook book?", Or "why there aren't any Jikook moments?", Or "blah blah blah this isn't Jikook..." At all.

Everything is going to fall into place eventually. Just trust me.

Make sure to vote and comment.
And...

Borahae 💜