24 - Airplane

Faye

Flicking my makeup brush for the last time over my cheeks, I look in the mirror, and I can admit (with modesty) that I look stunning. I am never the one complimenting myself, since I have deep self-love issues, but tonight I feel different.

I feel like something will change, and I am ready for whatever the future prepared for me. Yesterday night, after a horrible Friday of cold behavior and mean comments from my boss, Hobi invited me to a ball.

He said the guys from the studio organized a party for him, as the crew's newest member, and that he had some important news to share with me. He went all mysterious and shady without giving me many details because he wanted to be a surprise so I played along and did not ask questions.

Except those related to the dress code.

He mentioned the word 'ball,' thus I needed something more than the usual dress you take for a night out. I spent the whole morning trying to find the perfect outfit, moving from one shopping mall to another, until I found it.

As usual, I wanted to be dressed in blue, the color marking my existence. But when I was passing by a small boutique, the background noise disappeared, my feet immediately stopped moving, and the angels were singing, calling me inside.

Or maybe I imagined everything because I was tired.

This dazzling long, dark purple dress was made for me. Tight on the body, with a long slit starting a bit below the bikini line, off-shoulders, and silky material. The only downfall was that it was not blue.

But maybe that was the sign a needed a change.

I fooled myself as a child that my favorite color was blue to please my father, but I have always adored pink instead. And if you combine these two, you obtain purple. So here I am, writing a new chapter of my life, walking on a new road, wearing a new color.

I get in the taxi and give the driver the address of the event. The nervousness in my stomach is growing as I get closer, and now I think a different hairstyle would have helped me better. I let my long, thick, blonde hair fall free on my shoulders in wavy, natural curls. However, the impatience makes me sweat more than ever, forming a pool of heat behind my neck.

Arriving at the destination, I pay the driver and try to get all the material out of the cab in the smoothest way possible. I take a deep breath and shyly walk toward the entrance, where I see my favorite boys waiting for me.

Jungkook, Hobi, and Jimin are passionately engaged in a conversation until Jungkook notices me, and they all stop talking. No one says anything, all staring at me without making a sound.