14: Back to Home (3)

Chapter 14: Back to Home (3)

Silence stretched in the room and the first to react visibly was Cyclops who clenched his jaws and turned to glare at Enrique (though Enrique could only assume he was glaring since his eyes weren't visible).

"What's the meaning of this?" Cyclops started. "Are you already taking advantage of her, using saving her life as an excuse? Based on the dresses you are wearing you just woke up – why is she in your room?"

'Fucking hell'. Enrique suddenly hated this dude. First, he barged inside someone else's house and then he had the cheek to ask whatever someone else was doing?

"Sorry to break it to you, champ," Enrique pulled Anna by her waist, hugging her intimately and ignoring Bobby's jealous scowl. "Your girlfriend, the Phoenix host, did this after controlling the body of this girl. Can't say if it was to test what'd I do to Anna if she offered her to me, or if Jean just wanted a better lap to sit her perfect butt on."

"This bastard! Take that back!" Cyclops growled and put a hand on his visor and prepared to fire but Jean raised a hand with a defeated sigh.

Logan suppressed a chuckle at that.

"Sorry, it really was me... as for why I did that, it's the first reason he spoke," Jean said. "Unfortunately he saw through me somehow."

"To add to that, I missed the part where I permitted you to enter? Pretty sure this is called trespassing." Enrique stood up, dropping Anna to the side as his clothes changed to a slim white suit. He turned to Charles. "Nice to meet you again, Professor Charles. I hate how you brought the whole gang here, though, makes me wonder if you're here for a fight."

"Certainly not," Charles replied slowly. He seemed somewhat uncomfortable as he spoke. Was he hurt somewhere? "It's a measure in case Magneto attacks again. You see, it's not exactly hard to find your abode now that you are famous."

"I suppose you got a point there." Enrique nodded, not buying his bullshit. "Also, Scott," he turned to the idiot. "Why did you think it wasn't a good idea to bring Jean along with you yesterday? Even though you brought her here today? So incompetent."

Scott tried to say something, but Jean stopped him and spoke in his stead with a sigh. "Please refrain from insulting him at every chance. Professor was hurt trying to find Anna using Cerebro, so I tried next. Though I did succeed in finding her, I was hurt as well. Also, apologies for doing what I did a minute ago."

Enrique grabbed a water bottle and uncapped it. "Apology accepted. Next time, in any similar 'tests', perhaps you should do them with your own body. I won't mind."

She closed her eyes and sighed again while Scott visibly shook. Even Logan seemed displeased. Geez, so many men after one woman.

Only Storm had a slight smile on her face. Enrique smiled back at her.

"And hey there. Stormy, right? Thanks for the help yesterday." He waved at Storm who blinked in surprise that she didn't get any insults. "Really, it would have been hard without you."

Storm simply gave a short nod just as Bobby walked over to Anna.

"Anna, what's the meaning of this? Are you okay?" he asked as he tried to put a hand on her shoulders. But, Anna backed off. This time, not in panic but in disgust. "Huh? Anna? What's wrong?"

"Please... stay away from me," Anna said, but it sounded like a threat. "Let's not pretend nothing happened that day."

"What are you talking about Anna?" Bobby looked helpless.