Chapter 03: [edited] Our first conversation wasn't...

CHAPTER o3
OUR FIRST CONVERSATION WASN'T AS GOOD AS SOMEONE WOULD THINK...

       EVELYNN STARED at the incredibly handsome guy in front of her, she could only gasp few times admiring his otherworldly beauty. She never saw someone as handsome as him, and she thought she never will after today.

"Are you alright?" Van asked with a frown, he knew the effect he had on her was making her speechless and he was used to that kind of reaction from women around him, but it still bothered him when they eyed him like that with no regards for his feelings.

Not being able to respond with words, she simply nodded.

"The forest is dangerous place for a girl like you to be running around, you know?" he said and suddenly he had a feeling like he was a father talking to his child. She just nodded again like like bird pecking her head, "What were you doing her anyway?" he finally asked.

"Water, sir," even Evelyn knew that she should threat other creatures, especially hybrids, with respect or else she'd be without her head.

"Why didn't you go with someone else? Friends?" he asked and she shook her head.

"Don't have them, benefactor," she mumbled changing the way she addressed him before looking at the ground not daring to take another glance at his face and become speechless which will lead to her rambling nonsense and losing her head.

"Family?" he raised his eyebrow, he thought that humans were creatures that liked to have some company and didn't turn to solitude.

He knew some preferred solitude, but no one could deal with it alone.

"I live alone, benefactor," she answered and he sighed. Well, wasn't that just peachy! His woman, living alone, going around the place alone, being attacked alone...

"Husband? Boyfriend?" he lowly hissed being angered by the mere thought of it, however with her human sense, she couldn't hear that threatening hiss he released.

"If I don't have friends, why do you think I'll have a boyfriend?" she asked a bit angered by the way he was treating her and realizing her mistake, she added a weak "benefactor" at the end and averted her eyes to the ground once again.

"I suggest you to watch your tongue, before I cut it off, human!" he said that word with disgust in his voice making her gulp.

Hybrids stood at the top of the food chain, and they held disgust for weaklings, such as human race.

"I'm sorry,benefactor," she apologized anyway, "I'll watch the next time," she said weakly. This was why she hated conversations that much, she couldn't even voice her thoughts, and if she voiced the wrong one, she'll have to apologize. Talking with others is troublesome, which is why she originally stopped doing it.

"You better," was all he said keeping a straight, calm composure.

But a part of him was extremely satisfied with her answer, she was single. His beloved was... What the fùck was he doing?! He had no time for beloved or that shít, she meant nothing to him! The only thing he should be looking for is his mate, this girl won't be here for a long anyway, and it's not like he'd want to keep her.

She wasn't extraordinary beauty, she didn't have a body of a woman but the one of a child and was plain in her chest area, he didn't have much of use from her anyway. For séx, he could use her, but that would be only when he would need some relieve of stress, but to keep her... She wasn't his type anyway.