𝟏𝟐 | 𝐍𝐮𝐛𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐭

𝒏𝒖𝒃𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒈𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒕 - 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒊𝒓┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

The next time you open your eyes, Nam-Ra is standing fronting the sole high window in the room, gazing upward at it.

"What is it?" you ask. "Do you see something?"

Your voice wakes Su-Hyeok, and he sleepily sits up, lifting his head from your lap. When he scoots to sit beside you, finally, you're able to stretch out your legs, allowing them much-needed circulation.

"The smell got stronger." She's still not facing you yet, craning her head as far as it will go to get a feel for the surroundings.

At her words, Dae-Su oversights it for something else entirely and begins to inhale powerfully, sniffing his clothes and armpits for body odor. "I don't smell anything," he mumbles to himself, faintly insulted.

"It seems as though there are a lot of zombies coming this way, judging by their scent. I can sense them."

"Well," Joon-Yeong drones, "we're trapped here with no way out."

Hyo-Ryung whacks him on the shoulder. "Don't be so pessimistic."

"I'm trying not to be, but it's true we can't afford to leave."

"Whatever," Dae-Su settles. "Let them kill us if they want." He dejectedly goes to stand in the same spot Nam-Ra had just occupied, but at the sound of Wu-Jin speaking to Ha-Ri, he turns around, attentive.

"Noona, you didn't get eliminated in the archery preliminaries, did you?" The room isn't spacious by any means, so any and all private conversations might as well be a public one.

"Who do you take me for? Of course, I passed." Ha-Ri's not looking her brother in the eye, but her statement is poised enough to fool anyone.

"But, why did you come to school when you had a tournament?" Wu-Jin brings up a great point, come to think of it, except Mi-Jin sidles in before he can stew on the implications of that train of thought.

"You her brother?"

"Yeah," Wu-Jin replies.

"Your sister here got a perfect score and made it onto the national team. I saw her."

Cheerfully, Wu-Jin turns to his sister like an enthusiastic puppy. "Really?!"

"It's true." Ha-Ri's excitement—if it can be seen as that—doesn't quite match up to Wu-Jin's, her lips pressed together in a tight line to resemble a smile, albeit strained.

"Do Mom and Dad know of your success?" Wu-Jin grabs Ha-Ri's shoulders and shakes her in congratulations, unable to contain his elation.

"Look at what has been going on," Mi-Jin grouches. "How could they possibly hear about it?" Pointing a thumb toward Ha-Ri, and moving her hand back and forth at the wrist, she adds, "Your sister jumped off the team bus and ran here to look for you, high and low. She wasn't going to stop until she ransacked this whole school, so be good to her." Mi-Jin looks him dead in the eyes, including as an afterthought, "Treat me well too."