0.3

Louis's blue eyes darted around the hall as he scurried down it, books clutched to his chest. He was waiting for a jock to come out and beat him up, considering the halls were empty and it was the normal jock who skipped.

Louis turned a corner and ended up running into someone, spilling his books on the floor.

"Oh, sorry, Louis."

Louis blushed as he bent to pick his books up, but he saw hands attached to pale, freckle-coated arms reach out and do it before he could.

"It was my fault," Ed insisted as he stood up, smiling at Louis sincerely.

Louis blushed harder shrugging. Ed smiled a bit back, handing Louis his stuff.

"Here ya go, mate."

Louis thanked him, taking the books away. Ed shifted before leaving forward and adjusting Louis's crooked glasses.

"Sorry. They were bugging me," Ed mumbled as Louis stared at him.

"Are you going to hit me?" Louis finally squeaked, blinking rapidly at the red-haired lad before him.

Ed blinked back, strawberry blonde eyelashes darting over his blue eyes repetitively before he spoke up. "No, Louis. I'm not gonna hit you. I'm not like that. You're a cool person. Has anyone hit you?"

"Not yet," Louis whispered, darting his eyes away to the ceiling. "But I can feel it coming."

"Not as long as I'm around. You're just like the rest of us, Louis," Ed assured him, moving to place a hand on Louis's shoulder. Louis flinched but stilled under Ed's gaze. "Come to my party this Friday."

"Uh, no thanks. P-parties aren't my thing," Louis mumbled, pulling away from Ed's touch.

"Lou-"

"Really, thanks for the invite, but I should be in health class."

Louis took off without looking back at the dejected ginger.

~~~

Needless to say, Louis was scheduled for detention that afternoon for "skipping class" as his teacher deemed his tardy.

"Why would I come to this dumb ass class at all if I was skipping?" Louis had sassed. It received a few laughs, and, yeah, maybe that's another reason for his detention, but Louis was still pissed.

He headed to seventh period, feeling upset and not ready for an hour of sitting in a room that stenches of burnt coffee and rubber.

"Hello, Louis," Mrs. Parks one of the nice office ladies, said with a smile of greeting.

"Hey, Mrs. Park. How are you?"

"Swell. You and your partner can just do any needed homework, okay, love?"

"Partner?" Louis asked, frowning.

"Yes. Handsome lad, he was- came in this morning, begged to be switched into this office aid thing seventh period.

Louis raised an eyebrow, eyes darting to the student aid office.

"He's in there already. Go ahead, dear."

Blushing, Louis pushed open the door to the office and saw Harry, feet propped onto the table. He looked especially good that day. Black, high top Converse were laced onto his feet. Dark skinny jeans incased his long legs and a grey tank top covered by a grey and forest green letterman sat upon his broad chest. Harry completed the look with a forest green hat to match the jacket, the number 33 etched across the front.

Louis smiled because he realized Harry had the hat actually facing the front, the bill being used to hide the light so that he could close his eyes and rest.

"Harry," Louis said with a small laugh, making Louis blink his eyes open. "What're you doing, basket case?"

Harry rolled his eyes, immediately pulling his hat around. "Quoting The Breakfast Club, are we? I'm definitely the jock, not the basket case. And you're the princess."

"I'm the queen, you bitch," Louis snapped playfully, shutting the door with his foot.

"Okay, Queen Louis, how was your day?"

"It was shit. Why are you in here, Harry?"

"Transferred classes. Thought I'd do something useful," Harry mumbled," taking an apple core off the table and tossing it into the waste bin.

Of course.

He scored.

"This is probably the laziest thing I do all day," Louis giggled, sitting into the couch in the corner.

"Good place to bring lads in, huh?" Harry teased, winking. Louis blushed but smiled because Harry wasn't making fun of him to be mean, but to play around with him.

"There's no more gay guys here. I'm the only one! Doncaster sucks!" Louis whined, falling back onto the couch and laying on his back. "Hey... Why'd you pick this out of all you could do?"

"Well, I only have one class with you and we're friends, yeah? I don't know any classes and you're cool, so why not?" Harry looked over at the boy on the couch, smiling softly because he felt bad.

Louis was absolutely adorable. With blue eyes, glasses, his colorful sense of style, curvy body, and short height, Louis was a looker. Harry wasn't gay, but he knew what attractive guys looked like.

"How old are you?" Harry spoke when he realized Louis wasn't going to talk to him about that stuff.

"Seventeen."

"Me, too, when your birthday?"

"In December. Christmas Eve. Yours?"

"February first," Harry replied, smiling brightly as he began to tap his pencil against the desk.

Louis could feel himself panic on the inside, watching Harry tap, tap, tap because it reminded him of Ashton, the boy who'd never like him back.

"Can you stop that?" Louis mumbled, looking at Harry. He smiled and shrugged.

"I can stop."

"Please stop."

"Yes, your highness, I'll stop."

Louis rolled his eyes but smiled to himself.

"Are you going to Ed party this Friday?" Harry asked suddenly. Louis scoffed.

"As if! I'd probably get my ass beaten."

"Come with me. We can, like, hang out. No one's gonna kick your ass, Louis."

"Don't you wanna hook up with girls and stuff?" Louis asked uncertainly, sitting up.

"Well, sure, but we can find you someone, too-"

"Don't be silly. Go ahead without me, Harry," Louis said seriosuly, picking at his fingernails.

"Please come with me."

"I don't want-"

"Louis!"

"Okay! Fine, I'll go," Louis muttered.

Harry fist pumped the air and Louis threw him the middle finger.

~~~

Yaaas Louis is above in his glasses and beanie glory

QOTC: What do you think will happen at the party?

PQOTC: Do you prefer short chapters like this within a few days or like longer chapters after about a week

MA: I like writing shorts chapters every other day because it's not stressful for me but I'll do what you'd like.

Xx