𝟤 | 𝑅𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑅𝑜𝓈𝑒𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈

fαℓℓιиg ∂σωи α яαввιт нσℓє

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔚𝔬𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔡 - 𝔄𝔫𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔖𝔢𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔞

F/f - favourite food

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

"Y/N? What's going on?"

The cat-eared girl turned to her boyfriend, an excited smile on her face. She said nothing and instead continued to lead him through the undergrowth, gently pushing bushes and branches out of their way, careful not to let a single thing touch Riddle's perfect clothing. True, they were nothing more than the pyjamas that he wore to bed every night, but Y/N knew that he still wanted to keep them clean. And the last thing she wanted was for him to miss out on the joy of the evening while he was worrying about soiled clothing. 

"Where are we going," Riddle asked, trying to get an answer out of the girl. He noticed a small rose that had yet to bloom just a few paces off, and he smiled at the sight. It was rare for flowers to bloom so late in the fall, but it seemed that the little flower had some certain resilience, stronger than that of the wilted flowers around it.

"You'll see," Y/N whispered. She stepped over a fallen branch and held a bush to the side, helping Riddle over it and back down onto the other side. Once his feet, free from his usual heels, touched down on the other side, Y/N pushed him forward, quickly taking the lead again and pulling him deeper into the forest. 

"Why can't you tell me?"

Y/N paused and turned to Riddle, taking his hands in hers. "Just trust me." For once, she wasn't the hyper Pinker girl that she usually was. She was strangely calm, though her eyes shone with an undeniable excitement. It was what had drawn Riddle from his bed, despite knowing that it was well past curfew and that he ought to remain in his room. He couldn't be discovered breaking his own rules! 

Y/N gave him a gleeful smile and continued running through the brush, a destination clear in her mind. She leapt gracefully over a fallen branch, scooping Riddle into her arms before she did, and landing easily on the other side. She didn't even stop to admire Riddle's flushed face as she continued to run.

Soon the two emerged on the other end of the forest, where a lone oak tree stood, taller than the other trees in the woods. And at its base, amongst the roots, was a large black hole. A curious smell came from the hole. Tea, cakes, tea cakes, and...

"Roses," Riddle asked, frowning.

Y/N nodded and grinned. "Uh-huh." She pulled Riddle closer, walking backwards as she neared the hole. "Riddle, Riddle, Riddle me this... what lurks at the bottom of this pit." She stood on the edge of the hole, the toe of her shoe threatening to fall in at any moment, and peered down into the darkness, her eyes shining with excitement. Her hold on Riddle's hand tightened in excitement and she turned to face him, nearly jumping up and down in excitement.

"This is what I wanted to show you, Riddle," she whispered, her tail standing straight up behind her. She gently pulled Riddle towards the hole, though she stopped when she was met with resistance.

"Wait," Riddle said, pulling his hand back. He glanced over her shoulder and stared down into the void, his heart sinking when he realised that he couldn't see the bottom. He swallowed painfully, taking a step back from the edge of the hole, his hand slipping from his girlfriend's. "I-I can't..." 

Y/N's ears drooped, but she stepped away from the hole, following Riddle as he headed back to the edge of the forest, his arms wrapped tightly around himself. He couldn't. He could never look at darkness the same after what he had witnessed in the Nowhere. But Y/N didn't know that. She couldn't even remember that she had been lost...