𝟦 | 𝒞𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒟𝒾𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹

αυтυми ѕиυggℓєѕ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤 : 𝔚𝔢 𝔉𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔦𝔫 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔒𝔠𝔱𝔬𝔟𝔢𝔯 - 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩 ℑ𝔫 ℜ𝔢𝔡

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

The wind was thick with the smell of fall. The crisp breath of air foretold the coming of a cold rainstorm. The clouds that hung overhead reminded some of a warm blanket used to smother oneself with warmth. Others were reminded of the pouring rain that could break through the grey barrier any second, washing the entire world free from sadness and doubt. This was what Y/N loved about fall. Well, that and her excuse to wear the fuzziest things she owned, along with smuggling all the sweets that she could from the Heartslabyul kitchen when Riddle and Trey weren't watching. 

Currently, she was seated on her bed in the Heartslabyul dorm, staring out the window at the students as they got ready for the approaching holiday. She had been offered a place on the decorating team, but she had declined, as she preferred to spend the autumn holiday simply relaxing and enjoying the gentle nip of the cold. 

A steaming mug of hot chocolate/coffee/tea was sitting between her hands, her soft palms shielded by the fluffy threads of her sweater, almost as if it was knitted to be too long on her arms so that the ends covered most of her hands. She lifted the mug to her lips, savouring the sweet taste of warm fall that trickled down her throat, bringing an almost overwhelming sense of comfort and peace with it as it flooded her veins. Just another thing that she loved about fall. 

A small chuckle escaped her lips as she noticed Deuce and Ace shouting at each other just outside the entrance to Heartslabyul. With a sigh, she set her drink down on the nearby bedside table and rose up onto her knees, crawling over to the French window seat that she had been blessed with. Careful not to knock any over any of the pillows or plushies, she pulled on the golden latch holding the window shut and pushed open the glass pane. Once the window was open, she lay down on her stomach folding her arms beneath her chin and lying there, listening to the shouts of the boys down below as they tried to figure out how to best decorate the dorm. She had already had a vision of how the dorm would be decorated and felt a small sense of joy knowing that Deuce would eventually get his way rather than Ace, who always seemed to come out on top of any argument they had. 

Her phone suddenly lit up beside her and she frowned, reaching over to pick it up. Her frown quickly dissolved into a blissful smile as she saw her boyfriend's name popping up on the screen, along with the small text box telling her that he had sent her a message. She clicked on it and smiled as the text danced across the screen.

Cater <3: Hey sweetie!

Cater <3: How are you?

Y/N chuckled as they read their boyfriend's texts. He always started off with asking how they were doing, but it quickly led to him asking if he could come and visit them in their dorm, sometimes because he wanted to escape Riddle's tyranny. And as Y/N noticed Riddle shouting at Ace and Deuce, eventually scolding Ace into listening to Deuce, Y/N knew that this was one day that Cater could use a break from the house warden. 

You can come over, Cater. My room is always open for you when you need it. : Y/N

<3 : Y/N

Cater <3: You always get me! Be over soon with blankets and treats!

Cater <3: Love you!

Y/N rolled her eyes and clicked off her phone, setting it down next to a chai tea-scented candle that had been burning for the past three hours, slowly dripping wax into the pumpkin candle holder the Cater had gotten for her. She picked up her mug again and took another sip, licking her lips after to make sure that she didn't have any remnants around her mouth. Cater would no doubt take the opportunity to kiss it off for her. She glanced down at the mug's contents, contemplating leaving some around her lips just as an excuse for a kiss. Cater certainly wouldn't complain about that.