𝟫 | 𝒥𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝐻𝑜𝓌𝓁

тнє ωσℓf αи∂ тнє вυииу

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℜ𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔳𝔢𝔰 - 𝔄𝔲𝔯𝔬𝔯𝔞 (𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣𝔴𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔢𝔯𝔰 𝔙𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫)

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

The forest was wild with the voices of critters. The chirps of birds, the chitter of chipmunks, the gentle grazing of the deer in the shade of the willows. The leaves danced on the breeze, slowly falling from their home, the sun illuminating each gem as it tumbled towards the earth as if giving them one last kiss before surrendering them to the frost of the coming winter. The ground was no longer the green of summer and spring, but rather the ruby of the trees as if the world had opened up and released its blood. 

Despite the haunting feeling of the forest that came with each coming night, there were a few who found joy in the dark hours of the morning, and in the crispness of the air that would send a chill down the spine of others. The otherworldly howl that echoed through the woods with each breeze, a snake chasing the creatures to and fro as they tried to escape the spooks and scares of the forest. 

Y/N peeked out from behind a willow tree, her ears twitching as she tried to figure out if there were any dangers in her path. As a human, most likely not, but there were still wolves that roamed around, looking for one last fattening meal before the cold settled in, forcing them to pick off the few young and sickly that had fallen behind as the others ran for warmth. And Y/N would much rather not meet a hungry wolf as she tried to collect some wild berries for her family. 

The berry patch wasn't far from her house, which was both good and bad. Good, because it meant that she didn't have to travel far to find it, bad because that meant that if any predator was to follow her back home, she most likely wouldn't be able to lead them away. Of course, it wasn't just wolves that she had to worry about. Though they were rare, human hunters also sometimes braved the forest, ignoring the wails and whispers of ghosts who had been trapped here for too long, once foolish hunters that had succumbed to the possibility of the treasure that lurked in the heart. The treasure that Y/N and her friends guarded with their lives.

Y/N paused behind another tree, her ears twitching again as she heard the distant crack of a branch. Suddenly her ears were perked, scanning her surroundings for any possible threat, her nose twitching quicker than a ticking clock. When nothing showed, she crept out from behind the tree and scampered over to the berry patch, crouching by one of the bushes and smiling as the scent of berries filled her nose. 

Suddenly, Y/N felt her body leaving the ground and she squealed, her instincts automatically switching to fight or flight. Of course, being a harmless bunny that didn't have many defensive tactics, she chose flight and immediately started scrambling to get away from whatever had grabbed her. 

But then, she felt the gentle pecks of lips against her cheek and she froze, her little bunny mind choosing freeze over either of the other options. Slowly, she turned and felt a rosy heat creep up her cheeks as she noticed who was holding her, grinning as if he had just found a new cactus plant.

"J-Jack," Y/N exclaimed, her ears flat against her head as she shifted in her boyfriend's arms, now trembling in his hold. Though her human side had calmed down, her bunny half was still absolutely terrified by the wolf currently holding her tightly against his chest. She could smell the scent of meat on him and guessed that he had just eaten. Thankfully, it was a faint smell. "Y-you scared me." She nuzzled into Jack's chest, her tiny hands grasping at the soft fabric of his shirt.

"Sorry, bunny," he whispered, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I just couldn't pass up the chance. You were so cute sitting by the bush and..." he leaned closer to whisper in her ear, "How is a wolf supposed to pass up on a bunny as cute as you?"