𝟣𝟢 | 𝒜𝓏𝓊𝓁 𝒜𝓈𝒽𝑒𝓃𝑔𝓇𝑜𝓉𝓉𝑜

нαℓℓσωєєи σ¢єαи

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔗𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔰 𝔄𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱 - 𝔄𝔰𝔥𝔢 & 𝔉ℑ𝔑𝔑𝔈𝔄𝔖

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Y/N couldn't help but stare. 

Out on our own. 

Azul was running around Octavinelle, shouting orders for the students to follow. Halloween was coming soon and once again, the school was being opened up to the outside world. People would be travelling through the school on guided tours or simply meandering about. And everyone was excited about the coming holiday. But of course, Azul wanted to ensure that Mostro Lounge looked its best for when the guests came.

Dreaming in a word that we both know.

Y/N turned her gaze from her boyfriend to the fabric in her hands, running her finger along the edge of one of the off-white strips. Azul had decided on a mummy theme for the costumes, though of course, with his own little twist on it. Y/N hadn't seen his costume quite yet, but she could only imagine how amazing he would look in it. 

Is out of our control.

She turned to look at her boyfriend again, smiling as she watched him shout orders. For once, he wasn't wearing his overcoat and scarf. Not even his fedora. Instead, he was dressed in his black trousers and a white shirt tucked into the hem. For once, he didn't seem to care about his appearance. He only cared about the appearance of the dorm. And Y/N loved the view.

But if s*** hits the fan we're not alone.

Besides the time when they were alone, Y/N's favourite place to see her boyfriend was the lounge, where he was in his proper environment. Not in the classes where he doubted his every answer and move. Not in the cafeteria where he watched every single bite that he put into his mouth, careful of the calories and possible weight gain. No, her favourite times watching her boyfriend were when he was at his best. The times in the lounge where he felt the most comfortable, ordering around the staff and directing them to decorate perfectly. 

'Cause you've got me and you know.

Azul suddenly turned and instead of blushing, Y/N simply waved at him. He waved back and turned to make sure that Floyd wasn't breaking anything before walking over to her. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and wrapped his arms around her waist.

That I've got you and I know.

"What do you think, angelfish?" He gestured to the lounge. It was only half decorated according to Azul, but Y/N knew that it already looked amazing. Decked out with streamers of black and gold. Pumpkins were scattered about, carved with pictures of the Great Seven, and of course, the Sea Witch. Even the lights that danced across the floor were the perfect Halloween colours, with Octavinelle's flare. 

If the tide takes California. I'm so glad I got to hold ya.

Y/N leaned against Azul's chest, her eyes fluttering shut as she listened to his heart. It was one of her favourite parts of Azul. Despite her Siren half loving his beating heart for its possible sustenance, Y/N loved Azul's heart, because she was able to see him as he truly was. The part of him that came from his heart rather than his head. The part of Azul that was delicate and vulnerable, crying silent tears in the darkest hours of the night, silently sneaking to Y/N's dorm where he knew that he would be safe. The part of Azul that belonged entirely to Y/N. 

And if the sky falls from heaven above. Oh, I know I had the best time falling into love.

"It's perfect, my captain." She pressed her lips against the underside of his jaw and smiled as she felt him shudder, his hold on her waist tightening. She loved how true Azul was with her. He didn't feel a need to hide himself. He wore his heart on his sleeve when it came to her. She knew that he had entrusted her completely with his love, and in return, she had given him the heart of a mermaid and siren. While others might seek her out in hopes of using her as a weapon, or for using her for money, Azul simply wanted her. As she was. The outcasted mermaid and the banished siren.