𝟣𝟦 | 𝒥𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁 𝒱𝒾𝓅𝑒𝓇

ωσя∂ℓєѕѕ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℭ𝔦𝔫𝔫𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩 - 𝔏𝔞𝔫𝔞 𝔇𝔢𝔩 ℜ𝔢𝔶

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

A/N: Y/N's solo dance in the courtyard.

"Cinnamon.. in my teeth... from your kiss... You're touching me... All the pills... that you did... Violet, blue, green, red to keep me at arm's length don't work." 

Feet adorned with f/c silk dragged across the cobblestone path, hardly disturbing the ember-coloured leaves as they passed. Hardly a breeze was stirred up by their presence as the feet swept in a circle, the tip of one drawing an imaginary circle around the other. 

The voice crackled through the speaker, surrounding the ruins and embracing the graceful dancer inside. Trees of red and orange surrounded the perimeter of the grounds, enhancing the place with their scent and the jewels that fluttered down from the branches, landing on the ground where they shone in the sunlight. The ruins were that of an old castle, or so it seemed. Black and grey stone formed a courtyard that had once been alight with love and laughter, now left to the elements as the forest reclaimed the abandoned grounds.

Y/N drew one of her arms through the air, lifting one leg into a perfect arabesque. A single leaf fluttered behind her, forced into the air by her pointed slipper. The silken fabric around her waist fluttered as her leg returned to the ground, quickly pulled with her body as she started to spin, nearing the fountain in the centre of the courtyard. 

Y/N always loved this part of fall the most. The time given to her to the world around her to dance in the elements, regardless of the weather. 

Rain or shine she would dance in the world, practising and mastering the many forms as she allowed the terrain to guide her steps. Music moulded perfectly with the earth as if magic seeped from the cracks in the cobblestone, pushing and pulling her feet to hold her balance as she danced. The flowers scattered about and applauded silently as they bowed in the wind, seeming to join with the dancer as she leapt up to the edge of the old fountain. A flock of birds flew overhead, calling loudly to the world as they noticed the dancer below, and silently, they plummeted towards the earth, sweeping the girl up into a feathery embrace as they spiralled around her, enchanted by her poise and grace.

A slow fire built in her heart as she allowed the music to move her, throwing her to and fro as she carefully twirled upon the fountain's edge. 

As Y/N soaked in the embrace of the music, her eyes failed to notice the shadow lingering by the entrance to the grounds. Skin kissed by the sun, eyes the colour of stone, and hair that swayed in the afternoon breeze. Y/N's love. Her other half. And though her eyes failed to notice, her heart realised in a second that she was no longer alone. But she continued to dance, moving towards her pas de deux as the music came to a slow stop. 

Jamil watched silently as Y/N approached, outlined by the colours of ruby, topaz, and gold behind her. He never thought that raining gems could look so beautiful. And yet, as he stared at his girlfriend, his swan, his pax de deux, he understood the beauty of dance. He understood the magic that Y/N possessed. He understood the beauty that Y/N longed for, the beauty that she sought, and the beauty that she possessed. 

Y/N came to a stop in front of Jamil, her skirt slowly falling still around her legs, though they were both still poised to dance as if she could spin away in a second.