𝟣𝟨 | 𝑅𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐻𝓊𝓃𝓉

тнє ℓσνєяѕ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔖𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔶 𝔑𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 -𝔍𝔬𝔯𝔡𝔞𝔫 ℭ𝔯𝔦𝔱𝔷

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Snickers echoed in the desolate hallways, accompanied by the sound of rapid footsteps. Hushed whispers flickered back and forth, startling some of the portraits hanging on the wall, though they were always quick to fall asleep upon seeing no one in the hall. A sudden squeal startled the portrait of a young woman, and she glared into the darkness, her eyes narrowing in on the two figures pressed up against an empty space of the wall. The squeal was replaced by the sound of quiet pants, and the portrait rolled her eyes, flipping over the pillow that she had been resting on and falling asleep once more in a matter of seconds.

"Rook," the girl hissed, though her eyes sparkled in the darkness. The escape from their dorms excited her more than anything. "Maybe we should get out of the castle first?!" 

The much taller male let out a sigh and laid one quick last kiss on the girl's forehead before taking her hand in his and sprinting off down the hall. He smiled as he heard her panting laughs and the sound of her boots hitting the ground behind her. Vil would have their heads if he realised that they had skipped out on their beauty sleep, especially right before the castle opened for the visitors, but neither cared at the moment. All they cared about was finally getting away from all the hubbub and having some time to themselves. 

Rook's feet rooted to the ground as he heard the sound of approaching footsteps. He quickly caught Y/N in his arms as she stumbled to a stop and pressed his finger to her lips, silencing her as he led her into a small alcove just out of sight. Thankfully, there were no portraits around to betray their hidden position. 

The two teenagers listened quietly and watched in fearful excitement as the glow of a candle stretched across the ground. Y/N giggled quietly as Rook held her close. She could hear his heart beating in his chest. Despite their fear of being caught and sent back to their dorms, the adrenaline pumping through their veins was too much to ignore. 

Even as the candle holder approached, Rook leaned down and pressed his lips to Y/N's again, smiling as he heard her gasp. His hands wound around her waist and held her close, trying to remain quiet. Y/N was struggling too as she wrapped her arms around Rook's neck, pulling him closer to her. She was glad that he had decided to forgo the hat as her hands were now free to tangle in his silky locks. 

As the candle fell across the small alcove, Y/N quickly pulled away from Rook and pushed him further into the space, pulling him down once they reached the end. No doubt whoever was making their rounds would check in the smaller spaces. Especially if it was Trein. Y/N desperately hoped that it wasn't. She didn't want this night to be spoiled by such a party pooper. 

Thankfully, the candlelight soon passed over their hiding spot and the two let out their breath as silently as possible. Y/N slumped back against Rook, her chest heaving as she tried to regain her breath. Rook nuzzled his nose into the crook of her neck and started whispering sweet nothings to her, his lips skimming across the surface of her skin. Y/N sighed in contentment, leaning back completely against the boy.

"We should go," Y/N whispered, though she didn't want to move from Rook's warm embrace. They had been so busy decorating as of late that they hadn't had a chance to enjoy each other's warmth and adoration. Rook had been busy assisting Vil with nearly everything, while Y/N had been given the task of overseeing the decorations. The last thing Vil wanted was for the dorm to look ugly. 

"We could just stay here, mon couer," Rook muttered. He didn't want to let go of Y/N. 

"I thought we were gonna watch the stars," Y/N pouted.