𝟤𝟢 | 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒾𝒶 𝒱𝒶𝓃𝓇𝑜𝓊𝑔𝑒

тнє єℓνєи αυтυми

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔗𝔦́𝔯 𝔫𝔞 𝔫𝔒́𝔤 - ℭ𝔢𝔩𝔱𝔦𝔠 𝔚𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Lilia Vanrouge had been alive for many years. Lilia Vanrouge had spent most of those years in the Briar Valley, raising, guarding, and guiding the young Prince Malleus Draconia as he readied himself to inherit the throne that his parents had left for him, and raising Silver when he found him on the castle doorstep. But never once had he thought that caring for the two boys would involve taking them on a short vacation to the Silver Elven Woods on an island not too far from their kingdom. Both he and Headmage Crowley had been startled when the young she-elf of Night Raven College had approached them, asking if Lilia, Malleus, Silver, and Sebek could accompany her home for the celebration of the autumn moons. 

And now, here the boys sat, in an elegant pavilion of stone, each column engraved with the markings of the silver elves, depicting ages long past and the legends of their kin. Some showed the moon as a human, mingling amongst the elves and blessing them with her touch, others showed the elves dancing around a willow as its leaves tumbled towards the earth, and others were simply engraved with strange runes that none of the boys were able to read. Even the two eldest were left at a loss as they tried to comprehend the elegant markings. 

"I can't believe that they were here all this time," Malleus muttered, watching as his guardian's beloved mingled with her kin. Her h/c hair flowed free, adorned with a circlet of silver, and tears of the stars that tangled in her locks, giving the illusion of a waterfall trickling down her back. Leaves of the autumn trees encased in an enchantment rested upon the surface of her hair and dress, sparkling in the light of the setting sun.

Lilia tapped his foot impatiently. He could only imagine how beautiful the celebration would be. He had heard stories of it from Y/N, but he never thought that they would allow fae to attend the celebration. From what Y/N had told him, outsiders had never been allowed to witness the ethereal beauty of the elves, and certainly not during their times of joy when they danced in the light of the moon, singing merrily with their kin. 

Y/N laughed at something and turned to the boys, striding across the leaf-littered cobblestone ground. Floating above her hands were four candles, each set in an elegant silver candleholder. She smiled as she approached the boys, her cheeks twinkling as the light bounced off the silver dust. 

"How are you all," she asked, her voice light and soft, swept away by the breeze of the forest. 

"Excited," Lilia answered. The others were too stunned to speak. They had seen Y/N a great many times during their months at school, but none had ever seen her in her elvish form. The form she inherited from her father. Cheeks dusted with silver and gold, representing the changing of the day from morning to night, silver eyes that seemed to be made of molten metal, and the delicate application of a silver tint to her lips. And though they had seen her ears adorned with their metal embellishments regularly, it seemed that they were seeing them in a new light. 

Silver spoke up as Y/N passed him a candle, setting it down gently into his open palms. "Lady Y/N, what is this celebration for again?" He admired the simple candle, his eyes tracing the many runes and symbols carved into the wax. 

"It is in celebration of the changing of the seasons," Y/N answered, giving Sebek his candle. "When the world moves from summer to autumn. There is a celebration at each changing of the season." With a grand sweep of her hand, she gestured to a pillar behind the boys, and to their surprise, the runes illuminated with a silver glow. Four pictures had been carved into the surface closest to them. One with what looked like elves changing between winter and spring, another one for spring and summer, another for summer to autumn, and the last one for autumn to winter. The third one, depicted for summer to autumn, glowed brightest.