Chapter 59

"You're sure you want to do this?"

Ares' distinct voice reaches my ears and I look up at him, nodding.

We've been rehearsing for the past five days, having little time to prepare ourselves for the continuation of our tour.

"I am," I answer Ares and send him an encouraging smile, leaning up and pressing a kiss on his lips before I make my way to my dressing room.

Delilah is in there, and she sends me a little smile as soon as I enter. Things between us haven't gotten tensed or awkward when she confessed.

She didn't distance herself from me either, and though I needed some time to process everything and register all the things that have been said, I understand her pain.

One-sided love is a type of pain that nestles itself deep within your heart and makes you feel as though you can't breathe.

She's been struggling with that for three years, watching me suffer and pine for someone else.

It's not like we don't talk about her feelings for me or avoid it like a sore topic. It's like she's more accepting of it now and isn't afraid to express whatever she's thinking.

The ice has been broken between us and our friendship feels like how it was before again. Only now I'm aware of everything.

"How are you feeling?" she asks as soon as she starts to work on my face.

"Nervous," I sigh honestly, "very anxious. Sometimes I regret suggesting picking up our tour, but I realize that I need it. Otherwise, we all would've gone mad with nothing to do except to grief."

"You're right," she hums when she starts to apply concealer and foundation on my skin, "it feels nice to focus on work and distract myself a bit."

Caleb for sure feels a bit better now that he knows we're going to perform again. Drumming is one of his favorite things to do. And it takes a lot of energy to do so, so he's always exhausted after a show and can immediately head to bed and drift off.

Nick has been relieved, I could tell, and the presence of his girlfriend is soothing to him and takes away the raw pain coursing through him.

I still feel numb sometimes. I'm just glad for the distraction and hope it'll occupy enough time.

"We'll be fine," I tell Delilah, but I know that it's a lie spilled from my lips to make us feel better.

To make this day feel like it isn't hell.

"We will," Delilah lies as well and sends me a smile. Then, with sincerity, "Together."

"Together," I whisper, and let her finish her work on my face.

Delilah and I agreed on a natural makeup look. I don't want too much glam, and she does what I ask perfectly.

For my hair, I've decided to straighten it and let it fall over my back. It's pin-drop straight and shiny, not a hair out of place.