15 ~ Stroll On The Sea Floor

Yuu inspected the coin pendant she held in her hand that she'd gotten custom engraved with a picture of she and Azul on it. "This was such a stupid idea," she sighed to herself as she placed a waterproofing spell on it, shoving it into her pocket and mapping her escape route from Pomefiore.

It wasn't too difficult (she'd snuck out before), and soon she was in the Mirror Chamber, she found Azul waiting for her. She lunged into his arms, hugging him tightly and allowing herself to let out a joyful laugh.

"I see you almost every day, but it feels like forever since we've been alone together," he whispered, saying exactly what Yuu was thinking.

He moved a hand to brush her hair away from her face and carefully kissed her forehead. It had been a while, so he was a little unsure of how he should act and was trying his best not to overthink.

"I miss doing homework in your office," Yuu mumbled into his chest, arms still tightly wrapped around him. He gave her another kiss on the top of her head. "I miss it as well."

Yuu finally released him from her grasp and he offered his hand to her, which she eagerly took, allowing him to secretively lead her off campus and to the coast.

He fished around in his pocket and pulled out a small vial of a sea green liquid. "So you can breathe under water," he explained, handing her the vial. "A word of caution, it won't taste very good."

She pinched her nose as she drank the foul liquid, scrunching up her expression and sticking out her tongue after she fully ingested the whole potion.

Azul gave her his soft smile, the one reserved for her eyes only. "Close your eyes."

"Why?"

"You'll see."

So she did as he said, shutting her eyes and feeling his hand move to grasp hers. She felt something change, though she wasn't quite sure what, and she existed in unawareness until Azul spoke, "You can open your eyes now."

A gasp escaped her as she opened her eyes. It took them a bit of time to adjust to the different lighting, but once they did, she left completely breathless at the beauty before her.

"It's so pretty," she said, awe evident in her voice as she stared at the bright coral reef before her that seemed to stretch on for miles, teeming with sea life and commanding her attention. She couldn't look away.

"It is, isn't it? I found this spot last year."

Yuu finally seemed to find her voice again after it had been taken away by the magnificent spectacle of the coral reef. "Sorry, that was my Pomefiore showing." He laughed at her comment and she went on to flirt, "It's almost as pretty as you~"

Azul leaned towards her, moving her hands gently to her waist as he placed a light kiss on her lips. "Well, I think you're much more stunning than this."

She felt a smile pull at her cheeks. "No witty comeback?" Azul commented after a few moments of her not saying anything. She moved to wrap her arms around him, inhaling deeply and simply feeling how different the sensation was from breathing.

"Hey, Azul?"

"Hm?"

"I love you."

His cheeks turned red and Yuu gazed at him, savoring that endearing, shy expression of his until it shifted into a warm, soft smile.

"I love you too, my Seashell."

She felt her face flush and her mouth part slightly, her bashfulness only amplifying as Azul chuckled at the sight, running his hands through her hair and pecking her forehead gently.

"I'm so lucky to have you, my love." He moved to brush her cheek with his thumb gently before kissing it. She leaned into his hand. "I was trying to fluster you, but that didn't work out very well, did it?"

"No, it didn't," he agreed humorously, pressing a kiss to her jawline. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yes?"

A kiss to her shoulder. "I feel as though I'm in paradise when I'm with you."

"W-Where's this all coming from?" she chuckled timidly, pressing the back of her hand to her mouth, trying to cover her reddening cheeks. In response to that, he moved to kiss her hand right where her lips would usually be, causing her to slowly allow her hand to drift back to where it was on his back.

"I wanted to make sure you know how much I cherish you, my dearest," he said quietly, kissing the corner of her mouth. "I'm so grateful to have you in my life-how you still love me and put up with me, despite how irritable I can be. Despite how insecure I am. I couldn't believe it when you first told me, but you truly have me convinced that you love me just as much as I love you."

Another kiss to the lips, slower and much more prolonged this time. "I love you so much, my dear Seashell."

"Azul..." She drew back from him slightly, locking their eyes together. "I... got you something. Because I feel like you're always doing stuff for me." She shuffled through her pockets and pulled out the coin pendant.

He slowly took it, inspecting it, and Yuu could tell just by looking at him-the way he was so obviously biting back the delight glimmering in his eyes-that he loved it. A sigh of relief escaped her. 'I guess both of us like corny gifts.'

She took it from him, moving behind him to secure it around his neck. She kissed his neck softly and giggled at the sight of his reddening ears before moving back to his front, smiling up at him and holding her hands behind her back.

"Do you like it?"

It was obvious what the answer was, but she wanted to hear him say it.

He held the pendant, staring at the engraving of them. He simply wanted to melt-that was how much he loved her gift, the gift she'd specially thought out and customized just for him. "You're too good for this world."

"I love you too~" she sang, linking her arms in his as they began slowly walking along the reef, constantly pausing to pepper the other with kisses and other shows of affection.

"Y'know, Azul?" She paused to press a kiss to his beauty mark. It shocked her that she'd never kissed him there before-it was such a sweet, obvious spot. "I'm really glad. About everything."

That mesmerizing smile of his that she loved so much, that only she was given the privilege of seeing.

"So am I."