41 || Daddy Issues

Chapter 41: Daddy Issues

The drive was a short one…

We drove into a small building. Ashton stormed into the building, making his way to the receptionist desk as I rushed in after him.

"Where's my dad?" Ashton asked.

"Ashton, your dad's busy, he in a meeting with your possible manage–"

"WHERE THE F*CK IS MY DAD!" Ashton yelled, trying to manage what rage he had left.

I walked up to the receptionist, giving her a small smile as I mumbled, "trust me, you don't want to get dragged into this."

She nodded, the message clear as day. "First office by your left," she instructed.

Ashton walked past her, I tried my best to keep up with his quick strides as he pushed his way through the glass doors, interrupting an ongoing meeting.

Two men in suites sat around a round glass table, a bunch of folders and fliers littered on the table, some a picture of the upcoming BST match tonight. Mr Malik sat with them.

They all turned at the sound of Ashton storming in, his jaw tensed as he made his way directly to his father.

"Haven't you done enough?" Ashton hissed, his gaze threatening.

Mr Malik looked at his son with an unamused look. "Well good evening to you son."

"Don't give me that B.S!" Ashton howled, slamming his first on the desk, sending the two men jolting with fear.

Mr Malik sighed, looking at the two men. "Can I have a minute with my son gentlemen? He seems to be..." He looked up at Ashton with disinterest. "Acting up," he finished

The men nodded, hurrying out the office as I slipped in between them.

Mr Malik looked up at me with a vicious glare, then back at his son. "Ashton, for your information, I was in meeting, discussing your future, I don't have time for th–"

"Did you tell Maddie to break up with me?" Ashton cut.

"Weren't you two already broken up?… According to you of course." He grinned, pouring himself out a glass of wine.

I could feel tensions rising in the room. I didn't want to be here, I could feel Mr Malik's gaze on me, my fate already decided.

"Did you or did you not tell Maddie to break up with me?" Ashton gritted, his fists tightened as he took a bold step to his dad.

"And what if I did?" Mr Malik retorted.

The two men were still outside, staring into the office as they mumbled to eachother.

"Ashton, we should go," I said.

Ashton nodded, turning to leave.

A slight paused…

In almost a an instant, he turned back to his father, landing a clean punch on his face, sending the glass of wine falling to the ground, shattering in a million pieces.

Mr Malik stumbled to his chair. I stood, my jaws stopped wide from shock as Ashton ribbed his knuckles, glaring back at his shocked dad, a trail of blood escaping his nose.

"Stay away from my f*cking girlfriend," Ashton warned. He took my hand, exiting the office.

•••

We'd been driving for close to an hour now with no clear destination…

I stared out the window in the mundane silence, Ashton and I weren't speaking, also like we were scared to break this sacred silence. Breaking it would mean talking about what just happened.

"We should get to the arena, it's almost time for my match," Ashton finally said. I slowly nodded, still looking out the window.

"You aren't speaking," Ashton noted.

I sighed, cruising my arms over eachother. "You shouldn't have done that," I mumbled.

"He's an ass," Ashton mocked, his eyes on the road as he frowned.

"I know… But Ashton, he's your dad and I don't want to come in between that."

"Maddie, don't do that… you're just as important to me as he could ever be… Maddie, I love you…"

I sat in silence for a moment. I didn't know what to say so I just kept quiet.

"I don't want you to see mess that guy with daddy issues Maddie," he said.

"And I don't want to be that girl you need to keep protecting…" I trailed off, looking out the window once more.

We finally made it to the arena. Ashton turned to me.

"This's it!" He sighed.

This was it, his final match, a match which decided which one of my friends ended up with a trophy…. And the other in the hospital.

"Ashton, you can't go, please," I begged.

He looked at me, perplexed. "I've trained my entire life for this Maddie, I'll be fine."

He stepped out the car, I quickly followed, getting into his shirt.

"Please, I don't want to see any one of you get hurt… please, you don't have to win."

He turned to me, a soft expression on his face. His lips meet mine with a soft passionate he held my face.

"Yes I do," he whispered, gently pulling away and walking into the arena.

•••

Everything's coming to a head…

Next chapter, the match takes off… what did you guys think of this one though? Ashtons dad had had that punch a long time coming eh?

Anyway, this would be a good time to remind you guys to vote (and maybe vote past chapters you missed seeing as the book is coming to an end)

I'll be updating as soon as possible (no promises though but we'll see ;)

Bye
-Thea