irrisistable angels

It was now a week into December when Darry deemed it alright to start decorating the house for Christmas. He'd always been a stickler about it. Soda and Ponyboy were always jumping to try and get the decorations out the day after Thanksgiving. Not in his house they weren't. He always made them wait until December actually hit before getting any kind of decorations out.

The redhead loved Christmas. He loved all of the smells and the coziness of it all. He hated being cold, but he felt like it was worth it to partake in the festivities. Sledding, ice skating, decorating, wrapping gifts. There was just something about all of it that had him giddy.

And considering the crappy few days he's had, decorating the house seemed relaxing. He'd drug the decorations from the attic, nearly busting his ass while trying to get back down the ladder. His balance was never that great.

Darry had gotten a tree and put it up, leaving it bare for anyone else to decorate. He didn't mind Christmas, but decorating was a task since he wasn't that creative. He always left it to Soda and Ponyboy, who always had a better knack for making things look good.

Ponyboy purses his lips, looking at the living room. He was trying to make a game plan on how he should decorate. The house was peaceful, and it did wonders for his thinking mind. Hopefully this could take his mind off of things, off of Steve.

Although he turns his head at the sound of the front door opening. It was Steve standing in the doorway, kicking off his shoes and shedding his jacket. It was snowing outside, and everyone had been bundling up.

The redhead felt mesmerized, Steve's brown hair filled with white specks of snow. He looked angelic, almost. It had his heart in his throat in seconds. The male almost wished that Steve wasn't so handsome it hurt. He loved the sight though.

"Hey," Ponyboy greets slowly.

Steve nearly jumps out of his skin at hearing Ponyboy's voice. He figured that he'd be out and about. But apparently not since he was standing in the living room, tubs of Christmas decorations popped open on the floor.

"Hey," Steve breathes out. His body was freezing from the snow outside, not that he hadn't been outside long. It was just snowing so heavily. The sight of Ponyboy was instantly enough to melt his heart though. "You... need any help decorating?"

Ponyboy slowly nods his head, still staring.

"Yeah, yeah, that would be cool."

And then he turns to look back at the Christmas tree.

The redhead was having a hard time being around Steve after his failed attempt at a confession. He couldn't look at him without remembering that they'd been interrupted and that he'd hid in his room, crying for the next 20 minutes. It had hurt him really bad knowing that he'd never get another chance.

Steve makes his way over to the redhead, running a hand through his now damp hair. The snow had melted in his hair. He bends down a bit and grabs a box of Christmas ornaments from inside one of the tubs.

"Shall we start with the tree?"

Ponyboy smiles gently, nodding his head. Maybe this could be another chance. It was just the two of them in the house and he was sure that no one would be home for a while. It felt like perfect timing in comparison to the last attempt.

"But the lights go on first," the redhead teases. "It's much easier that way."

Steve rolls his eyes and he chuckles, putting the ornaments back down and grabbing for the box of lights. They seemed brand new, still wound up neatly in the box. At least he wouldn't have to worry about untangling them all. He'd always been bad at it. His temper was too short for the amount of patience that he needed to have.