127

Colby's POV

The next couple of days were spent preparing to get Julia and the kids back to LA.

The girls have been getting guest rooms set up so each kid would get their own room. I was grateful we bought such a big house because it made this so much easier.

Nate left a couple days ago to get the infirmary ready for Julia.

We were going to get her transported to the office where she would be taken care of.

There haven't been any big changes to her health which was stressing me out but I was trying to stay positive.

I wasn't going to give it up on her, even if other people were starting to.

"So, how does this work?" I asked as Dr. Platt started setting things up to transport Julia.

"I'm setting up the portable ventilator which will be used for transporting. When we get onto the helicopter we'll plug her into a more stable connection. We'll fly there, then get her set up in your space." He explained.

"I've briefed Nate on what to look for, but I'll be here for any questions." He explained. "You won't be staying?" I asked as he shook his head.

"I have work to do here." He said as Sam came into the room. "The kids are on the way the LA." He said as I nodded.

"Ya know, I don't care too much about kids, but I can see why Julia loves them so much." He said with a laugh.

"They act like little adults." I said as he nodded. "Yeah, you should have seen them when we took them to the hotel. I don't think they've ever seen anything like that." Sam said causing me to smile slightly.

I was glad we were able to get those kids out of the shitty situation they were in.

I know that's all Julia wanted and the fact I was able to do that would mean a lot to her.

"Wait until they see the house." I said with a laugh. "They're gonna lose their minds. Katrina is so excited to have kids around though." He said as I nodded.

"That's good." I said then looked at Julia. "Do you think she's going to survive this?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know. I'm hoping." Sam said and put his hand on my shoulder.

"We're ready when you are." Dr. Platt said as I nodded. "Is there a helicopter here?" I asked as he nodded.

"We're underneath a hospital. We're gonna use the landing pad up there." He explained. "That explains so much." I said as the door opened.

"Mr. Brock. Can we have a word before you go?" Will asked as he popped his head in.

"Yeah. Stay with Jules." I said to Sam then left the room.

"We just need to go over a couple of things." Will said as we walked down the hallway. "I assume you want a decision from me." I said with a sigh.

"Sorta. I know things are tense, so we just need to talk." He explained then opened the door to the conference room.

When I walked into the room I could see that the whole gang was here. They all stood up when I walked into the room which was strange.

I guess Quill expected them to be his little minions.

"Hello, everyone." I said and nodded at them, causing them to sit down.

"As you know I'm going back to LA. I am not leaving you guys with nothing though." I said with a serious tone.

"While I am away, Will is going to be in charge. I am going to be with Julia and focus on her until the next step comes up." I explained.

"When Julia gets better I will reasses everything. I want you to understand that you aren't going to be weak." I said and looked at them all with a hard expression.