CHAPTER 15: Karma or Fate?

Mira's pov

"Eat something, you want to die this young?"

Shalu tried to feed me but i didn't open my mouth.

Mala was rubbing ice on my forehead.

"Tell Bakuli tai that we need a doctor....she will die in pain"- Mala said to Shalu.

"Bakuli tai will beat her more...already she is mad at her"- Shalu replied.

"She also beats us on our initial days but now she is crossing her limits with her....if Bakuli tai kept on beating her like this, she will die soon"- Mala said by grabbing my chin.

I stared at the ceiling.

It's better to die. I will die with my dignity, i will fight for my dignity till my last breathe.

One month has passed. I didn't let anyone touch a single strand of my hair.

Yes, they attempted rape on me multiple times but i fought with every ounce of strength within me.

And after every failed attempt, Bakuli tai beats the hell out of me. Now I'm adjusting to this pain slowly. I have multiple scars on my back due to her beating.

She just didn't burn me, because she doesn't want my beauty to fed, that's why she beats me with shoes, with bare hands and also with sticks.

"Girl, why are you so stubborn? Your husband sold you to us....that's your fate...."

"He is not my husband..."- i yelled at Mala.

She stared at me in shock because i spoke after a long time. These days i have learnt to endure pain biting my lips. I endured everything silently. I never knew that a girl like me can endure such kind of tortures.

I still remember the way i show tantrums to my mom and dad.

Silent tears rolled down to my cheeks when i thought about them.

Where are they?

May be they are thinking that i left with Atharv to marry him. That's why they are hating me probably.

Actually what i did i deserve only hate.

Life has taught me so many things in this one month.

I learned that noone can get away from his Karma. Sooner or later it will bite you back.

Whenever Bakuli tai beats me, and i fell into the bed in my half concious state, i remember those days when i stabbed Anurag day and night with my hatefull words.

I remember those days when i showed so arrogance infront of him, when i showed him his class, when i was so proud of my education and insulted him for being less educated than me.

I was living in a world of pride and arrogance.

But i never knew that someone is watching us from heaven and noting down our every actions. Sooner or later he will give us back everything.

I'm getting back everything.

I deserve this.

I have no remorse. I have no complaint.

I broke the heart of someone who loves me beyond anything. I broke a good person's heart.

When my granma was alive, she used to tell me that whenever we give pain to someone whose heart is pure, god cried himself for that person.

And i not only broke his heart but i gave him the biggest shock of his life. He will probably hate me forever for my deeds.

And i deserve every bit of that hate.