Chapter one

"Welcome," The guard said as he looked through the papers. "Name?"
I lowered the scarf around my shoulders and straightened my back. His eyes lowered, and he couldn't make it less obvious that he was staring at my chest. Good. That means he's distracted.

I part my red lips and speak softly.
"Amanda Winters" keeping my eyes on his eyes, I give him a small seductive smile and show confidence. When you're lying, you can never look away or show even a hint of unsureness.
I've done this more than enough times to know how it goes, now he's going to say that my name isn't in the invites list, he'll continue staring at me and we'll continue the staring contest until one of us give in.

"Your name isn't on the list, miss Winters." Of course.
I let out a deep breath, letting my chest rise as my boobs press out in the black skintight dress. His eyes wander again as I speak, "Did he forget again? God, I told him I would try to come, he must've taken it as a no." I pout, while giving him pleading eyes.
"Uh-um," He pauses, looks at me up and down in temptation but chooses his job nevertheless, "Sorry miss, can't let you in if you're not on the list."

Damn it.
Don't panic, you already knew this would happen, he just needs a little bit more work.

I take a couple of steps closer and tilt my head as I give him seductive eyes.
"We can surely work something out," I let my eyes wander down to the nametag on his chest and a flash a playful smile. "Thomas."
His blue eyes flash with lust, and his breath hitches as he tries to keep his composure.
Damn it, he's not going to give in.

"-either that, or I'll have to call Oliver myself. He won't be happy if he has to get all the way down here." I shake my head, making a tsk tsk tsk noise with my tongue, "he has a bad temper." A nervous expression grabs Thomas' face, showing that he's heard about Oliver and just how bad his temper can get. One time he beat a worker to death for spilling wine on his suit by mistake, he's a psychopath.

"Y-you know Mr. Archibald?" He stutters, giving away just how nervous his boss makes him.
"I do," I smile a confident smile, as I wink "very well."
He understands my what I'm intuiting and lets out a defeated sigh as he opens the door.
"I apologize Ms. Winters, welcome to the event." I flash a grin and blow him a kiss before I walk in the golden doors.

Shit, it's way bigger than I expected.
The doors lead to a huge hallway, guests and waiters are in every corner.
Don't get stressed, they can smell when someone's out of place. Remember your training.

I lift my head up with confidence and walk like I know every single person in this room. Mostly I do, the crime families of London are all gathered here. I've studied every single one of them for years, their weaknesses, their strengths. Everything. Everyone.

I keep on walking down the hallway, keeping my head straight forward and keeping my eyes from lingering for too long. I throw a quick glance to my left, right before I enter the doors leading to the main event. Just as I throw the glance, my eyes connect with Theodor III and I curse myself for looking at him at all, when I see his mouth open.

"Hello there," he says approaching me. Damn it, I don't have time to stand here and talk with him. "Do I know you?" He asks, flashing what he thinks is a charming smile.
"I don't think we've met, no." I say back, putting on a smile as I analyze him. He's wearing a gray suit, his hair is slicked back with a little too much product making it look greasy.

He reaches out his hand,
"Well then, there's a first time for everything." He says, waiting for me to shake his hand as he introduces himself, unknowing that I know more about him then he knows about himself. Yet he's not the main target, not today at least.
"Amanda Winters, a pleasure." I say, shaking his head.