Chapter 37 Axl ❤️ Licah

Axl's POV

That meeting was so long and boring. They wasted my time after I inspected the building. I am planning to name a hotel after Licah. That would be awesome. I need to make it the best one.

Licah messaged me an hour ago that he will have lunch with his team. I am driving fast back to our office because I haven't taken my lunch yet.

"Baby, are you still on your team lunch?"

"I am. Where are you?" Licah replied in a split second.

"I am driving back to the office. Can you buy me lunch there as well? Should I go there?"

"No need to follow here. I'll just bring your lunch."

It took half an hour before Licah get into my office. My blood boils just seeing the name on the paper bag. "You took your lunch there?"

"I didn't know that they'll be eating there. I am sorry." Licah avoided my gaze.

"It's fine. Don't do it again next time. Are we clear? I don't like you patronizing that restaurant. It is owned by your ex, Licah. I hate it."

"I understand. You have to eat this first." He put the paper bag on my desk.

"Are you for real? I am not going to eat it." That food is a trash.

"I bought this for you. At least eat it."

"You bought it from your ex-boyfriend's restaurant, so it is a No."

"Baby, I am sorry that I had a past relationship. If I only know that you are the one destined for me, I would have not entertained Trent at all. I hate the fact that he will always be part of our argument. I am sorry that you are not my first." He looked wretched.

"Shut up now. Stop talking about it. Do you have something to say to me other than that?"

"None. I'll ask Ria to order food for you. I'll return to our floor." Licah is hiding something from me. I can sense it.

When he left my room, I immediately called Mike to ask him about the lunch earlier. He said he was outside, and everything is fine.

"But boss, I think the owner arrived during their lunch. I am not sure if he was Sir Licah's ex." Mike told me. That is Trent for sure.

"Did they talk?"

"I don't think so, sir. Should I check the camera to confirm?"

"Never mind." For sure, Licah will tell me if that happened. I am just worrying for nothing.

Licah returned after an hour. "What happened?"

"Nothing. I just want to go here. Do I need to have a reason in coming here?" Licah is not in the mood again.

"Well, of course you don't need a reason.  Are you not well? Should we go home?"

"Just finish your work, Axl. I just want to rest here." He lay down on the couch.

Something is wrong. Maybe, because of his pregnancy hormones.

The following days, Licah seems to be different.  I shouldn't think of anything bad, but he is really keeping something from me.

He is always with Honey whenever we are home. I don't know if it's just his excuse to avoid me.

"Mom, do you think something is wrong with Licah?" I sat beside my mom Nigel.

"I noticed him being quiet these past few days.  He is fine when he is with Honey though. Did you two fight?" My mom asked.

"I don't know too. I keep asking him if there is a problem, but he always says that there is none." I am about to blow a fuse. I know he is pregnant, but it's not a valid reason to be cold to me. This is my first relationship that is why I am being careful. I want to protect our marriage, so I am trying to be calm as possible, but he is being too much. He changed overnight.

Licah is already in bed when I entered the room. He was holding his phone while smiling widely. Is he texting someone? This sight had me irked.

"Give me your phone, Licah."

He was puzzled looking at me.

"Why?"

"Tell me the truth, what is our problem? Who are you texting?"

He tossed the phone. "Check it. Hope you find something there." Licah shoved me.

I checked his phone. His recent chat was to Honey. I checked all his accounts. There is none. It was clean.

I followed him outside. "You are being cold to me. Do you realize that at least?"
My grandfather is here but who cares if he hears me.

"Axl, stop imagining things. I am not. I am just not in the mood for anything."

"Do you still love me or did you really love me? Explain to me what is happening because I don't fucking understand this treatment. I don't think I deserve to be treated like this."

"Like what, Axl?"

"Are you cheating on me?" I asked.

He laughed bitterly. "This is insane. I need to rest."

"You are...It shows..."
I can't take this anymore. How he treats me these past few days is so different. I can only think of this. This is just not him being pregnant. He is hiding something.

"I can't believe that you are thinking that way. Let's talk in the room."
He rushed back to our bed.

My dad, Aki, grabbed my arm. "What is happening?" He witnessed that.

"It's nothing, dad. I'll fix it."

I followed Licah in our room. I saw him crying silently already. I am afraid to know the reason. Is Trent communicating with him again?

"Explain to me what is happening so we can fix it. Please help our marriage work too." I touched Licah's hair. He was sobbing.

"I don't know if this is just me being pregnant. I feel sad all the time. I am not happy. I am nervous. I don't know why too. The sudden changed in environment got me thinking a lot of things."

"You are not happy being with me?"

"It's not that, baby."

We were interrupted by a ring on his phone. It was unfamiliar number.

Licah is not picking it up. The ring continues.

The new message on the screen broke me.

"This is my new number. Save it, love. I booked a hotel. You think you can go out alone later?"

Licah was shocked to see it too.

Another message appeared. "Think about what I told you last time. I am serious about taking care of your baby like my own. Or maybe that was mine to begin with."

All I can see is red right now.