Chapter 28

TW: violence and mention of death (I swear this is one of the last chapters with such trigger warnings)

The Tzaritza kept her eyes on you while sighing and talking to the person who just joined you two "I tought I could deal with her first and then talk some sense into you, Balladeer, but appearentely you decided to disrespect me"

"What. On the damn Earth. Are you doing?" A deep voice came from the doorframe, a voice you never heard. It wasn't Scaramouche. The lady dressed in blue, who bowed in front of The Tzaritza few minutes ago, was now bowing at the tall man next to her. A slim figure, black hair that would have covered his eyes if he didn't split the bangs, wearing a blue suit with a white shirt and an loosened up black tie was standing still at the door. The look in his eyes would have been enought to make even a brave soldier shake.

"D-Dad...? What are you doing here? I thought you were on the plane"

"I'm the one asking questions, here. And you just have to answer, young lady"

"With all the due respect, dad, this is none of your buisness"

"THIS IS MY HOUSE! YOU'RE UNDER MY ROOF AND YOU'RE MY DAUGHTER, IF YOU FUCK UP THEY COME AFTER ME TOO!"

The Tzaritza was left shocked by a second, while her dad was sighing, face in his hands, but then she started to approch the man. Your chance to try and loosen up the ties. "Are you yelling at me? Father or not nobody can do that"

"Who do you think you are, huh? You think you're same evil empress? And for fuck's sake, I told you many times, don't wear your grandma's tiara. But you never listen to me, do you? Not me, not your mum, nor anybody else! You need to quit this stupid thing of yours, you and your friends are not kids anymore, the time to play gangster is up! How can I make you realize it?! YOU NEED TO STOP, YOU'RE INSANE IF YOU THINK YOU CAN LIVE LIKE THIS! THIS IS NOT A MOVIE, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!"

In between the yells, you were moving your wrists as much as you could but the ropes wouldn't budge. Untill two warm hands freed your right wrist. Looking up, you met two familiar blue eyes and you couldn't be happier to see him right in front of you. "Shhh, I'll get you out of here don't worry"

You nodded and Scaramouche removed the other three ropes setting you free.

The man was still yelling "I WILL TAKE YOU TO A PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL IF THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO DO!"

But somehow The Tzaritza heard you and Scaramouche trying to escape from the balcony he came in a few seconds before "Balladeer. Take another step and I'll hunt you both down and slit both your throats personally. I may be able to let one betrayal pass, but you'll not survive two"

You frooze on the spot and slowly turned around to face The Tzaritza's back, who was still looking at her dad. You were holding on Scaramouche's arm. The only safe thing in that giant house, the only mentally stable person and the only one you could rely on. Even in that dangerous and surreal situation, just holding on to him made you feel better. Maybe it was all just a bad dream and you would wake up to him next to your bed again.

He, on the other hand, seemed quite unbothered by the fact Tha Tzaritza noticed you two trying to escape, just standing there glaring at her. Was this all something normal in the Fatui, was he in worst situations, or did he know something you didn't? After whispering to you a "Play along, it won't take long", he didn't say another world, just looking out the window from time to time and smirking after the last peek.

The Tzaritza's dad kept going like nothing happened "I thought after the man I 'delivered' to you, you would have quitted this nonesense... What do I have to do for you to stop?"

That was the last straw. You could swear you saw the last piece of sanity leaving the girl's mind as her eyes widened, her head tilted to the side and her lips rose in a sick smirk "You... You're the one who killed that man...? I went insane thinking someone within the Fatui would have done that.... I initally thought someone wanted to expose me with that symbol on his forehead.... Then I figured someone wanted to kill me and left a note. A sort of advice 'lower your head or you'll end like this'... But- But it was you?! You just wanted to scare me?"

"Don't be so sorprised and disgusted. I just thought of something you would have done"

"I'M NOT DONE TALKING! YOU KNOW I HURT I WAS AFTER THAT! YOU KNOW I MUCH I SUFFERED, YOU ASSHOLE, HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR OWN DAUTHER?! TO ME?!"

At that point, chaos occured. The two were shouting at the top of their lungs and the maiden was alredy long gone. It was difficult to tell what they were saying. Your ears were ringing, probably someone was yelling "Her Majestry" from down the stairs just outside the door but you couldn't process that too. Then, the girl laucnhed forward, knife in her right hand. Scaramouche took your shoulders and moved you in front of him, making you give your back to the two and shoving your face into his chest.

You felt his left arm wrap around you and his right hand on your head. His breath was quicker than any other time, his heart was pounding fast and loud throughout his ribs, but he still held you like that was a normal hug or like you needed comfort, like he was totally unfazed by what happened.

The screams stopped. A sound of something soft dropping echoed in the room. Silence, painful silence. And then the laugh of The Tzaritza and another sound of something soft falling, followed by the same sentenced repeated again and again "An eye for an eye", louder and louder till she scremed it at the top of her lungs. Finally, a lot of rushed steps, metal clinging, something clicking at least three times, the voice of a young woman lound and clear "Police. Stand up, raise your hands, face to the wall"

You and Scaramouche got out of the house, escorted by a gentle police officer. There were five police cars, all full with people from the villa. Two ambulances, one for the unconscious father of The Tzaritza, that flew to the hospilat at max speed, and the other where the officer led you two. Paramedics checked you both to be sure you weren't under shock and gave you a couple of relaxing pills.
Scaramouche wasn't exactly fresh as a rose, he too was surprised she got to that point, but he was more worried about you, even though you were a strong woman that was for sure a lot to experience, especially since you probably didn't recovered from the last incident, the guy near the groceries store.
You learned Scaramouche called the police right before getting in the meeting room from the balcony, that most of the maids were illegaly living in the country, that some fatuus got arrested and an Habinger too, the number 9, who was in the villa at the moment the police arrived. Scaramouche had to go to the police station too, since he was also an Harbinger, even though they would have held him in high regard since he collaborated and gifted the boss of the organization to the police, after years of searching. But beside The Tzaritza, real name Taisiya {a/n: appearentely it means beautiful/divine in russian, that's why i choose it}, her dad, who's name was Urvan, and the maidens, there were no proof of illegal or wrong doing, so everyone else would have most likely be freed anyway.