Chapter 30

Isabelle's POV

I check to make sure the door is locked. Then, I sit in the guest house, bawling my eyes out.

How could he do this to me? Sophia said he loved me. I guess she was wrong.

The door opens. I look over and see none other than Alexander.

"Go away," I sniffle.

"You can't lock me out of my own room." He reasons.

"Go jump in a lake." I say.

"I will if it will make you happy." He replies.

"No. Now leave."

He goes away. I unlock my phone and open twitter. I type, 'Sometimes things don't go how you expect them to. Sometimes you know how everything is going to happen.'

A few minutes later, a bunch of comments roll in.

'Omg, what's wrong?'

'Hope you are okay!'

'Love you Isabelle!'

I love how my fans care so much about me.

Xander knocks on the door again. I guess I have no choice. I open the door and sit on the bed.

"Look, I know you probably don't want to see me bu-" he starts.

"Alex, Sophia told me that I meant the world to you, that you would so anything for me. If any of that was true, why did I see you with Nicole?" I cry.

He sighs. "Oh Isabelle. Sophia was completely right. I would take a bullet for you. Anything. I love you more than I love myself. Please, forgive me? Please?"

"You know," he continues. "I met a woman on the bus I took to get here. She said that if you ran away like that, you don't trust me. Is that true? You don't trust me?"

I wipe my nose. "I-I- I do trust you. It's just, just, why would you do that?"

"She came up to me!" He shouts. I lean away from him, suddenly frightened. He sees this and sits down.

"Sorry, Iz." He apologizes. "I don't even know where she came from. She just popped up, and, and, she came and sat on my lap. I wouldn't have EVER done anything to hurt you."

I nod. "I think I understand."

I start sniffling again and then full-on crying. Alexander pats me on the back and hugs me tight.

I lean my head on his chest. I take a deep breath, close my eyes and fall asleep.

~~~

My eyes open and I look into Alex's bright blue eyes. I kiss him on the cheek.

He perks up. "I guess you forgive me then?"

"Yes. I love you."

"I love you too."

We lean in and kiss for a few minutes. We pull away and just sit for a while. I suggest we go swimming, and Alexander agrees.

"Go get Sophia." I command. "Then come back and change."

He runs off into the main house. I pull on a pink triangle bikini. I brush my hair back into a ponytail.

"Okay," Xander says as he emerges from outside. "Sophia's getting ready."

I smile. I slip on my flip flops and run to the garage.

I saw some pool toys in here when we arrived, so I go check it out.

Two bins full of toys. I pick up the top one with all my strength. Gosh. Either this thing weighs a ton or I need to work out.

I groan as I enter the kitchen. Herald sees my struggles and lifts the bin out of my arms effortlessly. I stare at him with my mouth wide open.

"Years of practice." He chuckles. Wow. I need those years.

He sets them down on the edge of the pool. Alexander and Sophia are already out here.

"Last one in's a dead fish!" Sophia calls. We all race into the water.

A HUGE splash occurs, getting Herald soaking wet. He wipes his eyes and goes inside.

Sharlene comes out of the house and starts snapping pictures with her camera.

I pull out some goggles and throw them at Alex and Soph. I also take a water gun a load it.

"Heads up!' I yell, pulling the trigger and squirting everything. Xander, Sophia, Sharlene, the bushes, chairs, the cute tiny lizards. Aww. Poor lizards.

Xander dives underwater and lifts me up. I scream. I'm now on his shoulders. He tells Sophia to hand him my water gun and fill it up.

Wonderful. I am about to get some payback.

Sophia picks up the gun and opens the cap to let water in.

'Help me!' I mouth to her. She smiles and aims the gun for Alexander.

He closes his eyes and spits water out of his mouth. He sets me down and swims to Sophia.

"What was that for?" He asks.

"Don't mess with us girls." She answers. He picks her up and throws her into the water.

Soph let's out a short yelp before he goes under. I dive in and pull her out.

"Alexander!" Sharlene scolds. "Be more careful with your sister!"

"I know mom!" He says.

"Are you okay?" I ask Sophia.

She nods. Xander gets out and hands her a towel. She steps out and takes it.

"Come sit on my lap." He tells her. She sits in his lap an leans back.

He really is a good big brother.

I hope he's as good a husband.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! Thanks for all the support! I really appreciate it! I remember when I first started this story, one or two people were reading it. Now I have over one thousand readers! Thanks so much!

Please vote comment and fan! Share this story with your friends and such!