Chapter 27

HELLO ALL!!

I wanted to write a Christmas special but struggled with ideas since Aster and the gang live in a totally alternate universe. It was hard to make something christmas-y, so instead, I'm going to be writing a new years eve special!! It will be released on the 30th/31st of December or the 1st of January! (depending on your timezone and my motivation haha). 

I also wanted to apologise for the recent late updates. Writer's block sucks but I am trying to push through as best I can <3 I am currently on holiday with family so my writing time has been disrupted so updates may continue to be late for a while.

Anyway,

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas with your loved ones and plenty of good food <3 <3 <3 I love you all so much :D Thank you for another amazing year.

- Red

p.s. I ran out of time to edit this chapter, so I let Grammarly do it for me... I'm sorry for any mistakes. This chapter is also extra chunky. The average chapter is about 4000 words... this is more than 8000. Enjoy XD

TW: SWEARING, INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the past few days, we have done nothing except explore cave after cave after cave

Over the past few days, we have done nothing except explore cave after cave after cave. I've hardly managed to squeeze in training with Tubbo at our training cave. Honestly, I'm so fucking sick of looking at rocks.  

Beau and Tubbo took charge of the farm whilst me and Tommy dug around underground with Ranboo helping where he could. Mostly, Ranboo was in charge of our correspondence with Sneeg, Wilbur and Niki and went to the Pube in our place to collect information. After hours of walking, swimming, and sometimes climbing, Tommy and I were just too tired to go to the Pube. Beau and Tubbo felt similarly except they were breaking their backs running the farm with only two people. 

Each cave we go into is marked on our maps. Tommy and I mark exits by carving our initials into nearby trees. It would be cliche if it wasn't the only subtle way to mark exits without being caught. To outsiders, the markings look like the scribbles of lovesick teenagers, not the cornerstones for hand-drawn maps and a secret operation that was probably very illegal. Though, I won't deny the annoying fuzzy feeling I get each time we finish a carving or the little smile that glues to our faces for the rest of the day. 

Today instead of spelunking, Tommy and I had called everyone to the house to go over as much as we could. Our plan was flaky at best and this was the time we had to improve it. The point of exploring the cave systems was to find a way to get all of the water out. We know they're all connected to the central hub, we just need to break in and find a way to get it out.