Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Lilium

I slowly sunk down into the bath while thinking about Kaisen's confession from yesterday. He told me he loved me and my body. He didn't believe that I was a murderer like everybody back on Earth did. He even saw me when I was vulnerable. Was this what it felt like to truly be in love? To have somebody who truly loved me instead of just wanting me for what's between my legs? I thought to myself as I could remember the empty words some of the farm hands used on me to get with me and dump me afterwards once they got what they wanted.

"Fuck, Kaisen." I breathed while dunking my head under the water before coming back up. "What did he mean when he said that he'd wait to show me how much he loves me?" I asked myself while gently scrubbing my head as the heat crept to my cheeks at the thought of what he wanted to do to me. Moaning at the thought of him being in me, I couldn't help the anticipation growing within me. I quickly got out of the bath before drying off with both hands as realization dawned on me. I now had two hands. I thought to myself while staring down at the arm Kai had made for me. It was weird how it didn't come off like a prosthetic or anything. What was even weirder was how I started feeling little things below my stub. It was almost like I had a real hand.

Shaking my head, I quickly dried off and got dressed before moisturizing my skin. Once all of that was done, I quietly made my way out of the bathroom before listening for any sign of Kaisen. He hadn't been out of his room since last night. I just chalked it up to him being sleepy. Sighing, I made my way out the back door before being greeted by Nisa and Haimo who were making their way over the fence. "Good morning, Lilium!" Haimo greeted while holding Nisa in one arm and a large woven basket in the other.

"Good morning, Haimo and Nisa! What brings you two here?" I asked as Haimo gently lowered Nisa while placing the large basket between me in him, almost like he was keeping his distance. He looked up at the house before smiling and shaking his head.

"Ahh, I said I would be back to celebrate you and Kaisen finding each other but I don't think right now is a good time." He smiled while constantly looking up at the house. What was he looking at? I asked myself while turning and looking up in the same direction as Kaisen stood in one of the windows, staring down at us. "I'm not sure if he told you about how the mating season works but it looks like his has come on pretty early." Haimo piped up as I quickly turned back to him.

"What do you mean?" I asked as Haimo picked up Nisa again.

"Unmated males, like myself, don't have to worry about the effects of the oncoming mating season since we haven't met or encountered our mates. But, those that have, it's like they become feral beasts or wild animals. It's different for each but when it pertains to their mates, they'll go beyond what they would usually do." He explained as I became confused by what he meant.

"Would that have anything to do with the lock on Kaisen's door?" I asked as Haimo nodded.

"He probably put that up to stop himself from doing something that he'll regret. It most likely pertains to you but I doubt he'd hurt you. His mind is just telling him that he has to mate with you to keep others from claiming you." Haimo explained as I slowly nodded, now understanding the situation of it all. "Give him some time and it should ease off. But then again, I was told that mating seasons are about to get longer so I don't know." Haimo shrugged while adjusting Nisa in his arms as she looked between us quietly.

"Makes sense." I nodded before looking at Haimo. "But, would he still be himself or would he be like someone hyped up on pheromones?" I asked as Haimo shrugged again. "Ah, right. Unmated male, different effects." I stated with a sigh as Haimo laughed quietly to himself before nodding.