I Almost Threw Up Thanksgiving |57|

(Chapter 57 btw, thank you SO MUCH to the people who stayed, waiting for an update from me when I wasn't active on here! It means a lot to me that you waited😁😁the second book probably won't be out for a while so I'm just trying to gather enough motivation to FINALLY finish this book, I hope you've liked it so far. I know it's entirely cringy and infuriatingly embarrassing at the same time it makes you want to chuck your phone across the room but this was all for my fun. Just to write something that doesn't need to be proper and can be stupid to the point where it makes the readers feel that stupid weird fluffy feeling or the anger of how stupid the mc is. So at the same time it's super cringy, I hope you can look past that and just see the fun :) Happy reading!)

"Holy shit."

Y/n paused. A laugh escaped her.

"I am gonna sleep so good tonight like you guys don't even know. Gosh I got this really thick quilt at home--it's calling me," Y/n groaned longingly, laying flat on her back after realizing she wasn't dead.

Maybe it came as a shock. She hadn't expected to survive. Before, was she so ready to die that now, in her living state, she was disappointed? Or was this all just shock? Confusing and in it's most raw form.

Had she ever wanted to die in the first place? It seemed, you throw yourself in the raging rivers of death and you're body will only ever try to survive. Perhaps it was a miscommunication between the mind and body.

"Kid, I swear to God--" Tony couldn't even finish his sentence for obvious reasons.

"Check her pulse," Bruce told Tony who was closest to her, hurrying over to Y/n.

Tony did so obediently while Bruce managed to use a phone flashlight from Kate to check her pupils to see if they were dilating. He only got the flashlight after he screamed in a  lowercase panic for one. ("Flahlight--where's a flashligh?! Does anyone have a flashlight?! I NEED a flashlight, stat--Tony!")

"Jeez," Kate slipped out, "chill dude--she's alive."

"For now," Steve said almost righteously, stepping forward in the dark street of..

Where the hell were they?

"Dude that's vaguely threatening," Harley retorted.

"Where does it hurt, hun?" Natasha asked, keeping her concern at bay while crouching in front of the injured girl.

"I'm fine--"

"Not the question I asked," Nat persisted.

"Nowhere--"

"Tell the truth, kid," Barton added in sternly, almost out of breath with his bow in hand loosely.

Y/n tried to get up off the ground but Thor placed his hammer on her chest. Nat snatched it up half angry.

"You imbecile do you want to crush her bones? Again?" Loki spat at his brother.

"Enough," Tony silenced, stopping the to brothers from having a row.

"Not to be a bummer but," Yelena started, "how did she even survive that?" Peter dropped his jaw at the question.

Wanda was crouched next to Y/n, her fingers tracing red mist over her forehead. "She's got powers, remember?"

Shuri was tapping away on a screen which she had created from her suit. "I'm back online and as for an explanation, her powers are more confirmed now than ever. After Y/n was stabbed and Wanda's blood was transfused, she gained, apparently, the power to manipulate energy. Henceforth, why she survived the snap. There's more gamma radiation in the stones than in the serum Dr. Banner took. It appears that she just...absorbed it," she explained, running devices over the girl to scan her.