anything for you

It was now a few days before Christmas and the new couple were making the most of it. After their kiss on the park bench, the two were practically inseparable. They'd only been dating for four days shy of two weeks. Ponyboy was soaking up every minute, stealing as many kisses and touches as they could whenever no one was paying attention to them.

They had decided not to tell anyone of their relationship just yet, wanting to savor every minute that they could together, to enjoy their peace. Ponyboy had waited years for this and wanted Steve all to himself before anyone found out and had something to say about it.

Especially Soda.

His best friend was dating his little brother. The redhead was sure that there was a certain code to that or something. But being an adult, one of legal drinking age, figured that he could make this decision for himself. And he chose loving Steve over everything else. He'd continue to choose Steve over and over again.

Ponyboy was currently at Steve's apartment, both males in a tangle of limbs on the couch. A blanket was thrown over them to keep warm. Some Christmas movie was playing on the TV, the volume turned down low. Usually movies held a special place in the redhead's heart, but he couldn't seem to keep his eyes on screen this time.

Steve, for once, was focused on the movie.

And Ponyboy wasn't having it.

The younger male shifts in the brunette's embrace, nosing at his jawline. He stifles a giggle, pressing a few kisses to his skin. The redhead felt like it came so easy, loving Steve. It felt like breathing, something that came naturally and that was needed. It felt a lot like that.

Steve peels his eyes away from the movie, laughing a bit as he caught sight of Ponyboy. He had a teasing smile on his face and his shoulders trembled with locked up giggles bouncing around in his chest. His eyes looked lively and sweet, warmer than he's ever seen them.

"And what do you think you're doing?" He asks playfully, grinning at his boyfriend as a chuckle escapes his lips. "I'm trying to watch Kevin absolutely wreck these burglars."

The redhead couldn't help but let his laughs free at that. Steve was just too cute. He moves a hand to cup his face, leaning up and pressing their lips together gently. Ponyboy couldn't help himself. Steve's grin always had him eager to kiss those lips of his.

It was short and sweet before the younger male breaks the kiss.

"Just wanted a kiss," he replies gently.

Steve leans forward and presses their lips together again. The redhead was happy to kiss him back, giggling against his lips. He'd never been happier in his entire life. This felt like an important moment for him.

The older male moves his hands to rest on Ponyboy's hips, tugging him closer and kneading at the flesh. He wasn't interested in anything... intimate. At least not that intimate. He wanted that kind of thing to be special for the both of them. They had all the time in the world to not rush it.

Ponyboy breaks the kiss again, breathless as he gave the older male one of those lovesick smiles. He presses their foreheads together, hand still cupping his boyfriend's face. The redhead gently strokes along the length of his cheekbone. Taking in Steve's beauty from up close was one of his favorite things in the whole world.

"I wish that you could come with me," the younger male whispers gently. "I want you so close all of the time."

Although he knew that there would be nothing for Steve in California. He figured that his boyfriend would want to stay here with the rest of their friends. It might be lonely there. And plane tickets weren't exactly cheap this time of year. Everyone was leaving to see family or arriving back home for Christmas.

Steve frowns gently and he gives the younger male's hips a reassuring squeeze. He'd nearly forgotten that Ponyboy had to go back to college in California. The brunette was going to miss him dearly. He had just gotten him and now he was leaving just as quickly.

"I wish that I could come too," Steve murmurs, pecking his lips gently. "I don't want to let you go just yet."

It was better that Ponyboy be able to focus on school while he was at school and not have him as a distraction. The brunette wanted his lover to go far in life, and he didn't want to get in the way of that. Even if it hurt to not be with him.

"Please don't let me go..."

"Never."

Steve shifts his hold on Ponyboy, wrapping his arms around him tightly and tugging him close. No matter the distance, he would always be right here for when the redhead came back. And he'd make sure to visit as well. Although it would never be as often as he liked. Anything would be worth seeing him again.

"No matter how far away you are," the older male murmurs. "I'll still be waiting for you. And besides, I'll call you all the time. I can't let you go forgetting about me."

Ponyboy giggles gently.

"That's impossible. You're unforgettable."

Steve smiles.

"And I'll come visit you when I've got the money," the older male says. "I'll drive the whole way there, just for you."

He knew that Ponyboy couldn't afford to fly to home from college all the time, especially while he was paying for college. His scholarship didn't cover everything. And he'd be damned if he'd let Ponyboy blow his money like that.

"Well aren't you just so sweet?" Ponyboy teases, grinning at his boyfriend. "If that's the case... I expect a prompt visit on Valentines Day. I want the day of love to be in person, not over the phone. Besides, I can't give you any kisses if you aren't there."

"It's a deal," Steve replies smoothly. "I'll be there. Just gotta let me know where to find you."

"I will."

Steve kisses his boyfriend again, just as gentle and sweet as it had been every other time before. He'd move mountains for the younger male if it was possible. The male wanted to give him everything in the whole world. He'd do his best. 

Ponyboy kisses him back, melting into his touch. He was looking forward to the brunette coming to visit him, even if he hadn't even left home yet. The redhead just knew that he was going to make sure Steve had an amazing time in California.

Even with the distance, they'd make it work.