Jealousy (Gender Neutral reader)

Heyyyy so imma be writing a bunch of filler oneshots until I release the Halloween special so y'all don't get bored! Most of em will be short but some of them will be the same length as my other oneshots. Anyways in this oneshot, while you're working at the gas station one of the customers starts flirting with you, and John gets jealous. Enjoy!

John Doe POV
I was in one of the aisles at the gas station where Y/N worked, pretending to look at the items on the shelf in front of me. In reality, I was keeping an eye on Y/N as they were working at the register. I do this every few days to make sure they're safe. We've been friends for a few months now, but I want us to be more than just friends. I feel like we have a connection, something special between us.

I watched as a man walked up to the counter. He held a piece of paper in his hand, and taking a closer look I noticed a phone number written in slightly smudged ink. I snuck closer to hear their conversation. "Hi, how can I help you today?" Y/N asked. The man smirked, and I felt a sense of uncertainty. "I've been coming here for a while, and I gotta say you're pretty cute. Can I have your number?" He asked. Y/N had a blank look on their face. "No thank you sir. Is there anything else you might need?" They asked.

"No, there's nothing else. But here's my number if you ever change your mind about me." He replied, putting the piece of paper on the counter and leaving the gas station. Y/N tore the paper in half and threw it away. Though they rejected him, I still felt angry at the man. How dare he try to take Y/N away from me? I'm worried that someone else might try to take them from me. I have to tell them how I feel today, before it's too late.

Y/N POV
After my shift was over, I was about to leave when suddenly, John appeared in front of me. "Oh hey there John! What's u-" I was cut off. "We need to talk outside." John said, interrupting me. He quickly grabbed my hand and lead me to the back of the gas station outside. "What's wrong? You seem really tense." I asked. "I know about what happened with the guy who gave you his number. I was scared he'd take you away from me." He said, his face bearing a worried look.

"Take me away from you? What are you trying to say?" I asked. He held my hands tightly. "I'm saying that I'm in love with you Y/N. I have been since we first met. Do you love me too?" He asked, his pupils dilated to extreme proportions. He was in love with me?! Than again, he was very clingy around me, and he got jealous when people flirted with me. Other than that, he's a really nice guy, and he's very adorable. "I... I love you too John." I said, smiling at him.

John's face lit up, and he pulled me into a tight hug. "Thank you Y/N! I'm so happy to be with you, I could kiss you!" He said as his lips met mine. I put my hand on his waist, and he put his arms around my neck. He stopped kissing me, resting his head on my shoulder. His breath on my neck sent shivers down my spine. "You're finally mine Y/N, only mine. And I'm yours, right? Please say I'm yours..." He whispered in a slightly whiny tons. I held him tighter. "Yes, you're mine John. I love you so much!" I responded, kissing him again. He practically melted into the kiss, his face warm and a smile on his face. I love him so, so much, and I know he loves me too.

Hope you liked it! Don't have much else to say so yeah ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Wordcount: 692