Forty-Five

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

It's been one whole week since Lucy was captured by Geto. One whole week since the Exchange Event and one whole week without seeing the students and Gojo. She hoped none of them were looking for her. She didn't want their lives in danger just so they could save her. She knew she had to get out on her own. Lucy Ackerman has been plotting her escape and vowed to take revenge on Geto and Mahito. Every day they have been tormenting her, torturing her, but the girl wouldn't give them the satisfaction of getting a reaction from her. Not since the first day, they captured her.

Flashback

"You don't believe me?" Geto chuckled. He told Lucy he knew a way to get her home. She didn't have to do her so-called unfinished business. He showed her a clear blue liquid that would have taken her back to her universe, but Lucy was smart enough to know not to trust him.

"What do you think?" she sneered. "My kidnappers telling me there's a way for me to go home and you don't want anything in return? There's nothing trustworthy about that. You'd probably poison me if I take it."

"It's not poison. I only wish to return you home. You're not like the other monkeys here."

Lucy scoffed. "I'd rather die."

"Oh." The door soon opened. Mahito strolled in with a sinister look on his face. Lucy noticed the curse was carrying someone with him, but she couldn't tell due to the bag over his head. "I thought that would be the case. So I brought proof to show nothing but a genuine proposal."

Eyes moving toward the figure, Lucy found a familiar sigil that was sewn on the green cloak. It was the sigil of the Scout Regiment. Her eyes widened as Mahito removed the bag from the mysterious man's head. Her breath hitched when she realized who the stranger is.

"Commander Erwin," she breathed.

Geto smirked. "So you do know him? How terrific."

Mahito scratched his cheek. "I'm glad you know him, otherwise this would have been really weird."

Erwin's eyes practically bugged out of his head when he saw Lucy. "Lucy?"

Lucy glared at Geto. "What kind of trick are you trying to do here? There's no way you could have brought him here without -"

"Without a portal," Geto finished. "That's the beauty of being a Jujutsu Sorcerer you can always find a loophole for everything."

Of course, Lucy didn't believe him. Even if he was telling the truth then Gojo and the others would have found a way for her to go home without her completing her unfinished business. And bringing Erwin here is just some low trick.