034 :: STRIKE ONE.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR...!

!

❝ STRIKE ONE , SEASON EIGHT ❞

"GET up there, and give it a try."

It was a new day, when Jennie watched as Morgan passed the bat to Spencer, who didn't seem pleased with the situation he was being put into. The girl stood on the opposite side of the younger man, being assigned the designated person to place the softballs into the pitching machine.

"You're gonna like this, kid. I promise." Morgan told the resistant man, as he walked over to stand behind the teen girl, "See it and hit it."

"Just relax, Spencer. You got this." Jennie tried to add onto the reassuring words, grabbing a ball to place into the machine, "Here we go."

As the softball flew towards Spencer, the man swung dramatically, having the bat almost fly from his hands. He missed.

"That was good!" Jennie tried telling the man, although her voice was a bit more high pitched than she intended it to be.

"Okay, okay— first try." Morgan added, both trying his trying their best not to discourage Spencer, before handing the girl next to him another ball to put in the machine, "Keep your eye on the ball."

"I see what you guys are saying! If I can adjust the velocity of my swing—"

"No, what we're saying is get out of your head." Derek interrupted the man's planned ramble, "Just feel it!"

Spencer cleared his throat, before nodding his head, "Feel it."

"Don't think." Jennie told him, "Purge all the genius thoughts from your brain, and focus on this very moment."

Morgan nodded, "Just feel it."

"Feel it." Spencer repeated again, positioning the bat in his hands.