(Season 2) Chapter 13 Betrayal

No one's POV

While Eri purposely missed everyone's vitals. So that they could lay there writhing in pain while she gloated. All of the other students gazed at Eri in shock. Eri's soldiers made no move to attack them any further. They stood at attention, lifeless eyes trained on their new master.

Shizuku: What's going on...?

Eri walked past the students, examining each in turn. Jugo lay on the ground, twitching. Kousuke had lost so much blood he'd nearly fallen unconscious. Yuka stared wide-eyed at Eri, disbelief written across her face. Eri's footsteps echoing off the cobblestones was the only noise that broke the silence. She ignored Shizuku's question and stopped before Kouki. With a maniacal grin, she whipped off her glasses, grabbed the mana- sealing collar her soldiers had put on him, and dragged him to his feet.

Kouki: E-Eri... why... Gah... would you...

Though he wasn't as close to Eri as Kaori and Shizuku were, Kouki still considered her a good friend. He couldn't understand why she would betray them. Gritting his teeth against the pain, he forced his question out. Like before, Eri didn't answer. Her expression didn't look entirely sane. She leaned over and said in a singsong voice.

Eri: Caaaught you, Koukiiiii.

Kouki: Mmmf!?

She pressed her lips against Kouki's in a passionate kiss

She pressed her lips against Kouki's in a passionate kiss. The sound of their saliva mixing together carried surprisingly far across the empty courtyard. Eri lost herself in the act, savoring the kiss as if she'd been desiring it her whole life. Stunned, Kouki tried to shake her off but the nearby soldiers pinned him in place. In his weakened state, bereft of his magic, Kouki wasn't able to overpower them.

After a good amount of time Eri finally pulled away, satisfied. A silver thread of drool connected the two of them. She licked her lips seductively, then suddenly turned to the other students. They were all looking at her, their expressions a mixture of confusion and pain. Eri nodded in satisfaction and focused her attention on Shizuku.

Eri: Well, that's how it is, Shizuku.

Shizuku: What do you mean, that's how it is...? Gah.

Shizuku glared at Eri, blood leaking from her mouth. Eri shook her head in an exaggerated motion, as if talking to a particularly slow child.

Eri: Still haven't figured it out? You see, I've always wanted Kouki to myself. I just did what it took to make him mine. Make sense now?

Yuka: If you loved Kouki... all you had to do was confess! You didn't need to go this far...

Eri: Says the girl who couldn't confess to a certain monster.

Yuka: !!

Eri's face went blank for a moment. But then, her grin returned.

Eri: No, no no no. That wouldn't work. Kouki's too kind to give people preferential treatment. Even though you're all trash, he's too nice to leave you alone. The only way to make Kouki mine and mine alone was to clean up all the trash lying around him.