Ch 617: Are You Okay?

Well, that was quite a disaster.

The thought ran through his mind as Lin Ye chuckled to himself. Like most things in his life, nothing seems to go as he planned. It did not even take Snow 10 minutes to figure out that it was him, Lin Ye, that was under the helmet. He did not really know what to say to her. After all, she was his cat in her previous life that he took care of.

Still stupid to even be saying that. He really didn't know how long it would take to make that statement feel just right to him. Maybe even never.

Lin Ye smiled at the confused-looking woman in front of him. That was the best he could do for now after all.

For Snow, she was in the same boat as him now.

She never thought that she would meet that mysterious psychologist again like this. This man single-handedly changed her life. He cured her of the nightmare that had haunted her. However, those nightmares were replaced with something else.

Memories. About a man that took care of her. Of how he genuinely loved her, even more than himself sometimes. She noticed in her dreams that the man was sick, needing to take his medicine daily.

Although she was trying to find him for more than a year now, the way she found him was not what she expected.

Him interviewing her was not her idea of how their reunion would happen.

So now, dumbfounded by all of this, she just stared at him confused.

"..."

"..."

Seeing that she was not going to answer his question anytime soon, Lin Ye racked his brain to find something to talk about.

"Are you still mad at me for using drugs on you?" Lin Ye hummed.

"... Sorry?" Snow's brow twitched when he mentioned this to her, "What do you think?"

"Yeah, you're mad," Lin Ye nodded, "In my defence, I was still new to all of this... psychology work and all that."

"So the first thing that you thought to do to make me go to sleep was to drug me?" Snow asked sharply, "Can't you just ask me to go to sleep?"

"As I said, I was still new to this," Lin Ye explained himself, "And would you even consider going to sleep with a stranger in your room?"

"..."

From her silence, Lin Ye got his answer.

"It still does not excuse you drugging me," Snow fired back.

"... I can agree with that," Lin Ye helplessly nodded at her, "What can I do to pay you back for doing that?"

"Explain," Snow did not waste any time and told him, "How did you cure me?"

Although her tone was sharp when she asked this, Lin Ye wasn't bothered by it. In fact, he was interested now.

"So, you're cured now?" Lin ye let out a relieved sigh, "Good to know."

"Don't try and change the subject!" Snow lightly slammed her hand on the table, "Answer the question."

Lin Ye hummed and was thinking now, racking his brain at what he was going to say to her.

"I went into your dream and realised that you were my cat that I took care of in my past life. Then I realised now why you were having these nightmares. It was due to me traumatising you when I died in front of you. Nothing weird or stupid I assure you."

Nothing weird or stupid, my ass.

Lin Ye cursed himself in his head as he thought about all of that. If he said all of that to her, she would definitely believe him. She would even ask him to go find a psychiatrist with how crazy that all sounded.