57. Too Good

Ashanti's POV

1 month later...

"I don't like it," I say looking at the space in which we were gonna get married in a couple weeks.

"This was not what we talked about in the floor plan, Ebony," I look at my wedding planner expectantly. "This is what we talked about and I told you this isn't what you wanted."

"I have another venue that I know is perfect," she looks at me smiling before we drive a few minutes away to the second decorated plan.

I walk into the space and I immediately love it. "Yes, this is it."

I FaceTime Lamonte and showed him the space, "Oh yeah, I fucks with it. I can't wait to marry ya fine ass." I flip the camera laughing at him, "You always say that. We almost there."

"Lemme see what you wearing," he says while trying to look over the camera as if he can see. I laugh showing him what I'm wearing, giving him a twirl. He bites his lip and says calmly, "Imma fuck you when I get home."

"Lamonte, you on speaker," I say shushing him. I look over at Ebony as she's trying to pretend that she didn't hear his previous statement. "Now you know damn well I don't give a damn or you forgot about that old lady in traffic next to us," he raised his eyebrow giving me his infamous laugh.

"Boy get off my phone." He rolls his eyes before puckering his lips and says, "Give me a kiss."

"Boy, bye."

I hang up the call knowing I'm gonna get a punishment later, laughing it off.

I finished up with the wedding planner and finalized all the details for our wedding. There was nothing left for me to do except say "I do."

That was the easy part.

I stopped having those nightmares and I felt a lot more secure in Lamonte and I's relationship. I felt like things were finally getting back to normal with my life.

Work was going great. On most days, I would work from home since I am a CEO now and at the age of 25 no less. I never really thought I'd be saying something like this ever. I understand that my parents were well off, but I know I wanted to achieve greatness on my own and I did just that.

I still check in with Mr. Pope, which was the previous CEO, from time to time to see how he is holding up and to update him on the business. It seems as though he's getting better and he's getting to spend more time with his family like he always wanted.

I told him about the contract between Lamonte's and I's company and he seemed pleased to see that we were working as a unit and says that he trusts my judgement.

Ana turned out to not be pregnant, she just had really bad acid reflux. To say the least, I was disappointed, but it just wasn't her time.

Ana finished fashion school and she completed her internship with one of the top designer companies, Prada. She was offered a job, but it was just as an assistant so that she was able to get more incite as to what the brand was really about. However, she still tried to give her opinion, you know her, and of course, she was still designing clothes in the comfort of her own home. We've both been a bit preoccupied, but we understand that our lives can't always be centered around each other. Her and Ajax have been going strong for maybe about 7 months now and their relationship is thriving. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to move in together soon, pop out some babies, and get married, but they are taking their time or whatever.