017, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝

DEAR, EX

"yeah, and it was fucking annoying

"yeah, and it was fucking annoying." nick sighs, sitting on matt's bed.

jade sighs. "well, chase has always been annoying. especially to me. one time, he came by my house—"

"wait." maia sits up. "you know chase? like— personally?"

"i did." she shrugs. then, she looks around to see everyone staring at her blankly. "i thought everyone knew this. like, everyone at school. i used to be his scarlett."

"what do you mean by 'his scarlett'?" matt buds into the conversation.

"like, how he's trying to date her, but she won't do it. and it's a good choice that she's not doing it, because chase is just horrible." she scoffs and presses her back to the wall.

"wait—" chris mumbles. "chase and scarlett aren't dating?"

"no?" jade tells him. everybody knew that. or, jade always says that. jade just knows everything.

chris looks down.

"what, that you lead me on, then got with chase?"

"i didn't get with chase, if you would just let me explain, i—"

"i don't wanna hear it."

"chris, just listen."

"no. you're gonna come up with some bullshit excuse as to why i should forgive you, then—"

"chris—" nick starts, but chris gets up, turns to matt.

"i need you to drive me to scarlett's house." chris says to matt.

"what? why—" matt starts, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. chris has hated scarlett, why now does he want to see her?

"matt, please." chris says.

matt sighs, then pulls the keys out if his pocket. "come on."

chris feels a smile form at his lips as chris yanks matt out of his room, then out of the house.

scarlett sighs as everybody sits on her bed. alaina, tess, and chase.

"okay..." chase says. "truth or dare to both tess and laine."

the two girls look at each other. "dare." alaina smiles.

"okay... i dare the both of you to go home so i can talk to scarlett." he shrugs. smirks.

scarlett, who's knees were already hugged to her chest, pulls her knees even closer.

alaina and tessa's mouth fall agape, but they both annoyingly giggle and get up, grabbing their bags from their friend's floor. scarlett wants to tell them it's okay. they can stay!

but they've already exited the room, and chase has already moved to scarlett's side.

she pulls her knees away from her chest, and he places his hand on hers. she refrains the urge to squeeze her eyes shut. she says nothing. does nothing but looks at him.

"i'm sorry," he says, his voice having some sort of pleading tone. "for whatever i did. whatever has made you angry at me."

she glares at him. 'whatever'? he knows what he did. he must know.

"i just..." he shakes his head and looks down, then back up at scarlett. "i love you."

scarlett's eyes widen in practical disgust, but before she can say or do anything, chase leans in and ultimately presses his lips against hers.

as if God gave her one last chance, the doorbell rings. she quickly pulls away, and he stares at her.

she doesn't even try to hold eye contact as she quickly stands up, walking out of her room and basically charging down the stairs.

"who is it, honey?" her mom shouts from the kitchen.

"probably alaina and tessa!" scarlett shouts back, opening the door.

as the door swings open, scarlett sees none other than chris sturniolo standing there, his hands in his pockets. he stares at scarlett as she stares back in confusion. "chris, what are you doing here?"

"i just wanted to—" he starts, but he's cut off by someone approaching the door from the inside of scarlett's house.

"yeah, chris," chase's voice nearly booms through the house as he stands right next to scarlett. his voice lowers. "why are you here?"

"i—" chris starts, looking at scarlett, then chase. scarlett looks at chase. chase tilts his head at chris. god, his face was so stupid. chris clears his throat. "you guys are, like, together?"

"n—" scarlett immediately starts, but chris clearly didn't hear her over chase's stupid loud voice.

"yeah," chase steps forward. "so i'd advise you to leave."

advise? who the fuck says advice. chris backs away, turning around and walking away, back to matt's car as chase shuts the door.

"what the hell was that?" scarlett asks chase.

"what do you mean?" chase asks. he chuckles, then his smile fades as he begins speaking again. something he always did when he was angry. "i just helped you. you should be grateful that the idiot is gone!"

"don't—" she pushes chase, her hands pressing against his chest. he backs away only slightly due to scarlett's lack of strength. "talk about him like that!"

"why are you getting so defensive?" chase asks her. she keeps her arms by her side, staring up at him. she says nothing. "huh? why do you care what i say about him? why are you upset because i made your ex-boyfriend leave your house?"

she still keeps her mouth shut.

so, chase speaks up again. "what happened to us?"

"there was never an us, chase." scarlett tells him. "there never was, and there never will be an us. how many times have i rejected you? it's countless! i've made it so fucking clear that i'm not interested in—"

"and that you're interested in your ex?" chase asks her, cutting her off.

she stares at him in disbelief. opens her door. "get the fuck out of my house, chase."

"fuck you." he says to her, walking out of her house. the second he's fully out of the door, she slams it, then goes up to her room.

of course, she tried texting chris. calling him.

but chase once again ruined everything.

so, she goes to chase's contact, and finally clicks 'block.'

a/n

i'm sorry this took forever but i had a horrendous writers block for this fic. i'm not even gonna lie i wrote like 6 chapters for a henry danger fanfic... but i had no idea what to write tor this chapter so it took so long

props to my half sista for telling me to do it from the triplets pov that rlly helped ❤️❤️