extra

Someone asked me if this story had followed endgame exactly and then continued with canon MCU, where Scottie would have been in recent projects etc!

So I thought I'd let you know where I would have wrote her in, had I not given Wanda and Scottie the happy ending they deserved.  Be warned: it is a lot of angst and not much happiness.

The previous chapter (epilogue) will always be the official ending to this story, and this chapter doesn't not seek to replace that. Rather, it just suggests my thoughts of what Scottie and Wanda would have been throughout the MCU releases since I finished this book.

WandaVision:
- Assuming Natasha had stayed dead in Endgame, I think this would have caused a rift between Scottie and Wanda after everyone was returned. Scottie had just lost Tony and Natasha in less than 24 hours and we all know how self-destructive she'd been previously in the story. Sure, they would have worked it out eventually but with Wanda feeling like she had lost everyone (her parents, Pietro, Vision, Natasha...) I think she would have still created the Hex.

- Instead of a house Vision bought for them, it would have been a house due to be built on a plot of land Scottie and Tony had picked out prior to Civil War before everything fell apart for them. Scottie had begun to renovate the foundations before she lost hope of everyone returning from the blip. 

- Scottie would have headed to Westview just as Wanda created the hex, meaning that she was trapped in "WandaVision" alongside the created version of Vision.

- Billy and Tommy would have been Scottie and Wanda's kids - not hers and Vision's, although Vision would have been their live-in uncle.

- Like Vision, Scottie wouldn't have been aware of reality until later in the series.

- Things would mostly have played out the same as in the show, especially with Wanda releasing the citizens of Westview and leaving the town.

- I feel that Wanda would have been so guilty at holding Scottie against her will and taking away her from Pepper, Happy and Morgan during their grieving for Tony that she would have headed into the mountains and not told Scottie where she was going.

- Scottie would return to New York to continue to help out Pepper and Happy, knowing that whenever Wanda was ready to see her, they'd be reunited.

- Wanda would begin studying the darkhold, the book corrupting her into thinking that she could get her and Scottie's children back - which Wanda believed would bring Scottie back to her too.

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME
- Wanda wouldn't have any involvement, but as Scottie has always been close to Happy I think she'd have tried to help Peter and Dr Strange out.

- I don't think she would have been present during the battles, but rather would have been upstate with Pepper instead. I do think she would have been present when Strange attempted the spell for the first time (when Peter interfered), and that caused her to return to Pepper and Morgan to make sure they were safe.

- Had this been the movie, I would picture a post-credit scene of Scottie going into the kitchen and noticing the picture of Tony and Peter. Instead of the clear photo Tony stared at in Endgame, Peter's face would have been obstructed by a lens flare that hadn't been there before.

- Scottie would mutter "son of a bitch" as she looked at the photo, leaving readers/viewers wondering what she did or didn't remember.

HAWKEYE:
- Scottie would have made a cameo or two in Hawkeye. She'd be much less happier than usual and a lot more cynical - telling Clint that she wasted five years of her life trying to get Wanda back and instead all it had done was leave her without her love, Tony and Natasha.