Chapter 117: The Assault Begins

In a remote location of the Dwarven Capital, four individuals walked through a long, narrow dark tunnel.

It had been about a day since they decided to accomplish their mission, and for that long period of time, they had been stuck going through the unending dark corridors.

For how long they walked, it seemed as though the number of tunnels was endless. Just when the group thought they were close, they would suddenly find themselves in front of a dead end.

It was then that the group of four realized they had taken things too lightly. Even though 682 had entered the city and managed to get away from their sight, there was no way he would just stay in the city without finding a proper hiding spot.

*Di Dang!*

A dull metallic ring rang out.

???: The signal disappeared again.

One of the four individuals spoke up, his voice echoing through the tunnels.

???: Odd…

Another one muttered. Casting a small green flame on his palm that lightens the darkness, the features of the individuals become slightly discernible. Long, green coloured hair, a feminine-looking face, and a fairly skinny body. If not for the Adam's apple protruding from his throat, someone could've easily mistaken the man for a woman.

Squinting, the green-haired male scanned the surroundings.

Green-haired Male: The same thing happened a day ago. He suddenly disappeared for a couple of hours.

Lowering his head and staring at the Item in his hand, the green-haired male tapped the back of the device.

Green-haired Male: Or could it be that this thing is broken?

Ever since arriving at Meikneoir, the group had kept constant watch over the Tracking magic Item. Oddly enough, at times, the magic tracker's signal would suddenly disappear, leaving them wondering whether something had gone wrong with it.

???: The more plausible conclusion is that 682 entered some sort of restricted area that blocks all forms of signals.

Another one of the members said.

Green-haired Male: That's true.

Moving his hand where the floating green flame is towards his right, the features of the individual who had just spoken were highlighted due to the light.

He had a tall and muscular stature, his biceps the size of a football. With short brown hair fashioned into a buzz cut, a large scar traced half of his face. Added with his sharp gaze, he looked extremely intimidating.

With his brows knit, the muscular man thought out loud.

Muscular Man: If he's in an area where the signal is constantly disrupted or shut off, we can assume that the place is extremely well-protected.

He then turned to face the green haired individual.

Muscular Man: I suggest we wait for the signal to come back before deciding to ambush him.

Green-haired Man: I agree, but we should first get an idea of where he is. Let's assess the situation after we know of the exact location he is hiding in. If we can handle it, we proceed as planned.

Muscular Man: Yes.

*Di Ding!*

But it was then that the tracker rang again.

Green-haired Man: The signal is back!

The green haired male shouted. Lowering his face to get a closer look at the Magic Item, his eyes jumped up in delight.