Chapter 18: Scandinavian Soup

~Kamree's POV~

"Yeah. Didn't think I forgot about you, did ya?"

I gave him a nervous laugh. To be honest, I forgot about you. "No... I just didn't think you were... serious when you said we should sing together."

"Of course I was serious! Kamree, did you not hear how we sounded together?! A combination like that is one in a million."

That made me smile.

"You really think we're good enough?" Oh gosh, that sounded rude. "I mean, I know your good enough! I-- I just don't know about me and--"

"Kamree?" He interrupted patiently.

"Yeah?"

"I'm coming down in a couple days to record for a radio station. Do you think you could come to my recording session and see how we sound on this song I want us to sing?"

"I can ask. I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Awesome," I could hear the smile in his voice. "I'll come by Nash's when I get in state. Can you meet me there?"

"Yeah, sounds good. What song are we trying?"

"To start with, Never Be Alone. I wrote it a while back but I think it'd sound good with both of us."

I wrote the title on the back of my hand.

"Okay, I'll listen to it."

"Perfect. Well hey, I gotta' go. I'll see you soon?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay. Bye Kamree."

"Bye Shawn."

I ended the call and answered the door when I heard a knock.

Pizza. Finally.

I flung the door open and reached in my pocket for money. Before I even had it out, I was engulfed in a hug.

I'd know that perfume anywhere.

"Cleo!" I immediately wrapped my arms around my best friend and danced around with her.

"Two weeks waaaay too long!" She said. She pulled away and handed me the pizza box.

"Don't worry, I already paid the delivery guy."

I had a huge smile on my face.

"Oh my gosh... I love you." I pulled her in for another hug and then gave her a tour of my new house.

"Wow... I'm so jelly."

I smiled and sat down on the couch in the living room. As we ate, we caught up.

"So, why are you here? In my town, I mean." I asked, shoving a bite in my mouth.

"Well, my best friend and boyfriend live here, so I thought I'd stop by."

I nudged her arm.

"Boyfriend, aye?"

She nodded. "Yep. He is so great. And his eyes... I could get lost. And bonus, all his fans adore me. He posts pictures of us on Instagram all the time."

She handed me her phone and I scrolled through all the pictures of her and Nash. Something was off about Nash, though. I couldn't place it, but his eyes didn't shine like usual.

"Those are cute."

She smiled and put her phone away. "I thought so, too." She winked. "So how are you and Hayes?"