Chapter 31: Milan, Italy

MAEVE

Sabrina woke me up only 30 minutes ago. She told me the plane would be landing soon and to get dressed before she "stomps" on me. Of course, it only took those 30 minutes to get dressed and touch up my makeup. I had to be quick, I'm in favor of not being stomped on. 

"Your makeup is so pretty Maeve!" Alessandra says grabbing the sides of my head with both hands. She gasps, "wait how'd you do your lips, I want that!" She takes note of my lip gloss.

"Okay but don't make fun of me!" I beg Alessandra, pulling my make-up bag to my chest.

Alessandra lets out a soft chuckle, "why would I make fun of you?"

"It's embarrassing," I mumble, shifting my gaze.

Sabrina laughs her booty off in the corner of the small bathroom the three of us are tightly packed into. "Girl, you'll see," she stifles her laughter.

"Stop laughing Brina!" I playfully yell at her. "Don't act like it's not good, I saw you using it!"

"Okay, fine. You're right it's just too funny," Sabrina confesses with her hand on her winded chest.

Alessandra pokes my and Sabrina's cheeks. "Can someone please explain, I don't like being left out!" Sabrina whines.

I sigh. "Okay," I draw out my words. I unzip my makeup bag and pull out the pink-nude lipstick.

"That's it? Wait... I think I have the same lipstick?" Alessandra tilts her head as she examines the lipstick.

"You do, it's yours!" I smile mischievously at Alessandra.

She laughs, "wow, how did I not see that coming? That's a $60 lipstick."

She said what now?! $60?!

I will be sneaking this lipstick back into her purse later...

"Wait there's more!" I reach into my makeup bag and pull out the sparkly red-tinted strawberry lipgloss I found in the children's section at Target.

Alessandra breaks out into laughter, leaning onto Sabrina—who also begins to laugh—as she cackles hysterically. She wraps her arms around Sabrina's shoulders.

"I can't, this woman is too funny!" Alessandra says, still laughing.

I cross my arms over my chest, "I hate you both and neither of you are allowed to use my lipgloss!"

Alessandra and Sabrina lunge at me, wrapping their arms around me and planting kisses on each of my cheeks.

"Mae-bear!" They both whine.

"Ugh, fine..." I give in, "only because I'm so nice and amazing."

"Yea, you're also a klepto..." Sabrina retorts, laughing to herself while having the audacity to be still hugging me.

I play push her away, "you're so lucky Elias took my knives away."

"Ooh, feisty," Alessandra smiles. "At least she knows her self-worth, Brina—"