Chapter 9 - The Plan

Chapter 9: The Plan

Chapter 9: The Plan

"Subaru? You seem to be in a panic. Are you hurt?" Julius asked.

Most people wouldn't take long to answer such a simple question. A simple "I'm fine" would do, maybe even a short explanation before moving along, but all Subaru could do was stare at him for an awkward amount of time.

"Ya got 'I can't speak' disease or something?" Felt said as she picked herself back up. With Felt's teasing Subaru returned to the moment, and processed everything that happened. This was the chance Subaru was looking for.

"I apologize if I made any incorrect assumptions, but your disposition was in a rather tainted state." Julius extended his hands to the silent Subaru as he helped him up.

"Jeez, you talk just like the rest of 'em." Felt made her off-handed comment as she heard how he spoke. She saw him briefly when Julius started a conversation with Subaru outside the casino, but aside from that, all she knows is that he was a knight of the kingdom.

"Julius... I didn't expect you to be here, I'd thought you would've been looking for that girl on the other side of town by now." Subaru dodged the question Julius asked. He hadn't intended to, but it was his natural reaction.

"You mean Anastasia-sama? There is no need for concern, I have located her and now know her general whereabouts. Although I have to admit, as a knight of Lugnica, it does hurt to see such an obvious attempt at conversation diversion." Julius adorned a gentle frown as he scanned Subaru's body.

Subaru wanted to say something snarky, or rude, but he was far too tired. He also had too much pride to do such a thing to someone he is about to ask for help. He had to wonder what would have happened if they meant on different conditions though.

"You caught me, to tell you the truth I'm not in the best situation right now. I know you are busy and all, but... can you lend me a hand." His pride took a hit as he asked him for help defeating Orphe. If someone like that can be defeated that is. Subaru did wonder how strong Julius was anyways.

"Well, he called himself the Finest Knight, after all, he has got to be pretty good." Subaru thought to bring some relief to his panicked mind.

"Hey! I said I'd believe ya, but I never said we'd needa b' involving the knights." Felt quickly interjected by Subaru's request. Her voice scrunched up as the mention of asking the knight for help was mentioned. If he was anything like those knights back during the fight with Elsa, useless would be a kind word to describe them.

"Rest assured as a knight of honor, I'll try my best to help, even if you have ill feelings towards the knights." Julius seemed to brush past Felt's interjection and offered his service to Subaru. He truly was the personification of being a knight.

Felt was going to interject again, but she noticed the look of dire need on Subaru's face and decided to let things play out for now. They were in trouble after all, even if she didn't know what it was yet.