Chapter 33 - Oma-omori

'Thought'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

After blatantly ignoring Aether's discussion with Thoma about visions and ambitions, he escorted you both to the kamisato estate to meet Ayaka. "So this is the kind of place where big shots in inazuma live, huh? Paimon kinda expected it to be a bit snazzier." Paimon said in disappointment. "It's hard to top the jade chamber." Aether said. "Welcome to the kamisato residence, honored guests. Miss Kamisato is delighted to finally meet you." Thoma said.

"Is this the shirasagi himegimi you keep going on about? So where is she?" Paimon asked. "Ahem." You all turned around to look at the purple screen in front of you where the voice came from. "Oh, uh, behind the screen?" Paimon asked. "Yes. As the daughter of the yashiro commission, this is how miss Kamisato is accustomed to receiving guests. Consider it a time-honored tradition within the yashiro commission." Thoma explained. "Makes sense. She's a super important person after all!" Paimons said.

"Forgive my lack of courtesy for receiving you in this fashion, especially following a long and tiresome journey across the sea. I have awaited your arrival with great anticipation. Thoma has assured me that you indeed have the power to change the tide of times. At present in inazuma, in the name of the vision hunt decree, the people's aspirations are being senselessly crushed underfoot. Though the yashiro commission serves the shogun, it the people with whom we share close bonds, given the contract we are required to have with them in the performance of our duties. A commissioner's power rises and falls with the trust of their people. Thus, we cannot remain indifferent to the situation without also remaining indifferent to our own fate." She explained. "Traveler, lend us your power and we can-" Ayaka's request was cut short by Aether. "I'm just here to meet the raiden shogun, not start a rebellion." Aether said firmly.

"Starting a rebellion sounds fun to me." Zaicim chimed in. "Of course you would treat such a serious topic like this so nonchalantly." Paimon said as she crossed her arms. "It sounds tiring." You said. "See, miladay? It's just like I said, this will take us nowhere." Thoma said. "I'm going to leave now." Aether said as he turned around and walked towards the entrance. "No, please, wait! Please don't go..." Ayaka pleaded. Aether stopped his movements as he turned his head as Ayaka let out a sigh. "What?" Aether asked. "I will introduce you to the raiden shogun, but you must fulfil three wishes on my behalf." Ayaka said. "What are your wishes?" Paimon asked. "Don't tell me she's gonna get us to deliver more letters." Zaicim whispered. "They pertain to three whose visions were taken from them. Perhaps once you've met them, you'll understand." Ayaka explained as she began to tell the stories of the visionless people.

"A warrior who guards a village, a former samurai that helped carry out a vision hunt decree, and a swordsmaster determined to become the best in the world... Does Paimon get that right?" Paimon asked. "Correct. Please do all you can to help them. I will await your return here." Ayaka said. "This is a tall order..." Aether said as you sneezed. Paimon and Thoma let out a quiet "Bless you." after you sneezed. That's when you began to think about something. Your thoughts drifted to what Childe said about Scaramouche. Now that you were in inazuma, you would eventually have to meet the little goblin. From what you remembered, you had a past with him, which means you either a: went out of khaenriah at some point to fuck around in inazuma, or b: you went to inazuma after the cataclysm. B definitely seemed more likely, you don't think you had any reason to leave before the cataclysm and Scaramouche was made by Ei after the cataclysm. Last time you made a plan to investigate shit, you completely forgot about it, so you could tell Zaicim about this bullshit after you leave. As important as helping Aether is, you knew he could handle himself and did so just fine when you played through the archon quest. Right now, you were craving answers all of a sudden. Why was it that you had this urge again?