Meeting Your Heroes Pt. 1

You flipped backwards to avoid being hit. You landed on your hands, only for Brick to sweep them out from under you. You hit the ground which sent a cloud of dirt up. Brick raised a brow as you laid there.

Brick: You're distracted.

You just mumbled something before sitting up. You stretched your neck with a groan. Brick rolled his eyes and walked over to the old couch that sat at in the shade to get some water. While he was there, he petted Courage who was laying there. Butch and Boomer were both busy, so it was just the two of you.

Brick: So, why did you suddenly call for this sparing session?

You rose to your feet and looked out towards Townsville in the distance.

Y/N: The Beast talked to me.

Brick joined you to see that you were staring at your king mark. Brick looked at his own before he sighed.

Brick: Let me guess. He wants you to collect the four kings.

You looked at him in surpise.

Brick: HIM said the same thing. For whatever reason, the original kings want to get the other three. Honestly, I have no idea why.

He then crossed his arms.

Brick: Honestly? Just ignore it. Besides, HIM and the other two kings are missing. No idea where they are.

You both stared at the distant city before Brick realized something.

Brick: Have you told the girls?

You shook your head.

Y/N: They have a bunch on their plate already. They have kind of photo shoot today and I guess there's a charity ball this weekend. Besides, me and you are the only ones with King powers.

Brick argued that you were right. You didn't want to worry the girls, truth be told. You knew they would immediately rush to try and help. To stop you from what you were told to do.

You suddenly found your phone going off. You pulled it out to see that Blossom had sent you a text.

Power Up!

You entered the studio nervously with Courage following behind. You didn't feel like you should be here, but Blossom had given you the green light. You looked around and saw that this whole set up was legit. You actually recognized the brand that they were modeling for. Some nonspecific sports brand.

You came to a stop and looked at the girls who were currently taking pictures. Looks like they were having fun. You looked over to see the cover for the magazine that had been put together. It was just a concept, but you found yourself blushing a bit.

 It was just a concept, but you found yourself blushing a bit

Y/N: Looking good.

Blossom: I'm glad you think so.

You flinched and turned around to see Blossom standing there. Courage laughed at your expense, always happy to see you embarrass yourself. You looked back to the shoot to see that they were just taking pictures of Buttercup and Bubbles. You shyly scratched your wrist before smiling.