271: Possible Paths to Take

Chapter 271: Possible Paths to Take

-

On the other side of the world, Sasuke Uchiha walked into the Uchiha Hideout where Itachi was waiting for him.

As per Tobi's promise, he dropped Sasuke nearby where Itachi was. Then Sasuke and Suigetsu found Itachi and Kisame not far from them- where Itachi told Sasuke to come to meet him in the Uchiha Hideout, alone.

A few hours after that, Sasuke did. Suigetsu and Kisame were outside, and would probably start fighting if the glint in the former's eyes said anything.

But Sasuke could care less about any of that.

Suigetsu, Kisame, or both of them could die. Sasuke didn't care at all.

He only had one thing he cared about, and that was the man sitting on the throne in front of him.

"Genjutsu of that level," Sasuke spoke as his Mangekyou Sharingan sprung up to life. "Don't work on me."

Then, he set the throne in the flames of Amaterasu.

---

Hinata Hyuga was mentally unstable for the last few days.

Naruto was everything she ever dreamed out. The amount of real interaction between Naruto and her may be close to none, but he was still the man of her dreams.

It hurt seeing him run after Sakura, who clearly didn't like him in that way. Yet, at least, he was alive, at least he was there for her to see from time to time.

But now, he was no more.

Not even his corpse remained.

He was dead, his body erased by probably a tailed beast bomb from the two women who had become the Nine-Tailed Fox back then.

Hinata... for the first time in her life, felt the irresistible urge to take revenge. To give those two women the same fate that Naruto had suffered.

Except the two women had fled from Konoha, consequently making it impossible for her to hurt them. The worst thing was, they were taken by her cousin, Neji-nii, who hadn't even bothered to meet her before leaving.

Truthfully, her hate wasn't directed towards Neji. Though it was painful knowing that Neji and Naruto were a bit close, yet Neji didn't punish Naruto's killer, it wasn't enough to make her hate him since- after all, he just may be closer to the two women compared to how close he was to Naruto. Because even though the two women had become Neji's maids just a bit more than a week ago, she was pretty sure he knew them from before.

The only thing she didn't like about Neji was how... uncaring he seemed about all this. He knew her feelings for Naruto, so the least he could have done was to apologise to her- or do anything, really. But he didn't even bother meeting her... It hurt her somewhat. She really thought they were close now, after so many years of distance. But maybe he couldn't entirely forgive her for the things she did to him before.

After all that, she thought she could just find him and have a talk with him- maybe get revenge on the two girls. 'Maybe', because she was aware she wouldn't be able to hurt them if Neji didn't allow her to.

Then, this happened.

Konoha was gone, and so was the Hyuga Clan. She had no idea if her parents and relatives were of the few lucky ones who managed to survive or not. If so, where were they? Where did Neji-nii take them to, why didn't it leave any tracks whatsoever?

The Konoha Ninjas didn't even have to reach the Rock Village to learn that Neji had come and was already gone. Even from a few towns away from the Rock Village, where the Konoha Ninjas had stopped to ask around, were the rumours about Neji single-handedly defeating all the Rock Ninjas, including the Tsuchikage.