32 - The Friday After 7th July

The day passed.

So did another, and another, and another.

Dick's family and Cassandra never ended up coming last Sunday because of some emergency they had to attend to. Bruce clarified over and over that it was because of a friend's wedding they had to attend.

But both you and I know he was lying about it. I was pretty sure there was some kind of 'vigilante' emergency, and it was really tempting to go help. But unfortunately, I had no idea where they were.

Speaking of, Damian and I never talked about what happened last Sunday. Lila and the others had moved out the day after, not a single tantrum thrown. Seeing the sausage-hair leave with such a defeated look on her face brought me joy.

Me and the gang left soon after, honestly. It just wasn't home. Jason begged for me to stay, and even promised to get me in the family register, but I immediately denied. You can't really date your adopted sibling, can you?

Back to Damian, I honestly don't even see him around anymore. College had started up again, and he wasn't seen all day, and when he came back, he would just take his car and zoom out to meet Jon.

Or that's what he said.

I hadn't seen Jon since Pancake Day either.

And since me and the gang have been busy roaming the city and visiting different places... (Doing what we actually came here for.) I can't blame Damian either, since it wasn't like I was making time for him either.

Isabella had practically joined us on our adventures since, firstly, she knew more about Gotham anyway, and secondly, she had to shut down her cafe for a few days for a health examination.

The others made it a point to tell Bella about each and everything Lila had lied about and had done to us, which made her seethe with anger. "I'm glad I stood up to her." she said, when the list was over.

But unfortunately, there was no end to that list.

Maybe we finally had another group member, and I didn't have to third wheel, no, seventh wheel alone. I could finally hang out with someone when the others were on a date. Or I could find a boyfriend, that would be a good idea too.

Boyfriend.

What a word. Honestly, Damian is the first one that comes to my mind when I think of this, but then I wonder. Will he ever like me? What if he regrets what happened that day? What if it was a one-time thing?

I shook my head in a frenzy.

I was going to drive myself crazy; I had no need for Scarecrow's toxin. I looked at the date on my phone. It was Friday already, three days since we saw any of the Waynes, except for Bruce, who appeared on the Billboards here and there.

I sighed.

Today was important.

Today is the day the Miraculous team will have their first night of vigilantism in Gotham. After a long and hard discussion in the mansion, we all agreed to do so. Why? Joker had broken out once again, and I thought this could be a good practice session.

The miraculous team was back in business.

.......

"Marinette, you okay?"

A familiar voice, that of Alya's, broke me out of my thoughts. I blinked, turning to the woman standing in front of me. Alya stood in front of me, her hair tied back, and black eye shadow around her eyes.

"Hmm?" I turn around to face Alya. "I see you're getting ready." I say, smiling. Alya chuckles lightly. "Of course. We should be more careful here after all, far away from Bruce's face recognition." she jokingly, says, while I frown.