Sixty-six

Omniscient

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Isaac asked. "Because I'm still not sure I want to keep it," Veronica said.

"So dramatic," Ahsha said with a huff garnering the attention of the room. "What?" Veronica asked. "If you didn't want to keep it you would've already gotten rid of it. We were dead for well over a month. So, let's cut the theatrics." Ahsha sighed.

"She does have a point." Andy agreed. "So, what do you want? You're clearly trying to sway everyone's opinion—gain some sympathy maybe. What do you want to get out of all of this? Because if it's your mate you already have him, so what else is there?" Ahsha questioned.

"Why do you do that?" Veronica asked her. "Do what?" Ahsha countered. "Treat me as if I'm only trying to get something out of you or your brother, or your family. You always make me out to be this awful person," She said.

"Do I make you seem like an awful person or are you just an awful person? I can only form an opinion of you based on what you've shown me, and all you've shown me is that you are just an awful person." Ahsha interrupted.

"I'm not, but you refuse to give me the benefit of the doubt. Have you ever stopped to think about how intimidating it is to be mated to your brother when he has such a powerful sister like you?" She asked Ahsha. "What do you mean?" Dalia asked.

"There was always something about her that left a lasting impression. She's always carried herself as if she was going to be someone important." Veronica began.

Ares and Malik had felt that too. She has always presented herself as a woman destined for something more. It was part of her allure.

"Then to be mated to her brother and to see how close they are. They have a connection that I wished I had with Isaac." She said.

"We have a connection." Isaac finally spoke. "It's not the same," Veronica said. "Of course, it's not the same, because she's, my sister. The connection I have with her is strictly one that close siblings have with each other. I don't know if you're not used to that because you're an only child but that's all it is. She's my sister and my twin. I will always have a special connection with her, and I can't change that." Isaac spoke.

"You're not close with me. You don't joke around with me like you do her or with the boys. You're so serious when we're together. And I know that's not your personality. You're charming and funny and playful but you're none of—."

"No, absolutely not. Cut the bullshit, okay. I'm tired of talking in circles with you. What happened when we were dead?" Ahsha snapped agitated. "Nothing happened." She said. "Liar." Ahsha barked at her. "Tyla what happened?" She asked her.

Veronica looked at her cousin silently pleading for her not to say anything. "If someone doesn't start talking this won't end well for any of you," Ahsha said. "3—," She began counting down. "2—," She continued as her eyes began to glow. "1—," "A woman—," Cairo blurted out.

"A woman?" Harrison questioned. "What woman?" Adrian called. "Cairo, don't," Tyla said. "He deserves to know, and I won't have you get hurt trying to protect your cousin," Cairo said.

"A woman came to my parent's place sobbing inconsolably a couple of days after you two died." He said to the council. "She was very beautiful. She told us she was Isaac's mate." Cairo said.

"That can't be true," Isaac said as he looked over at Ahsha who was avoiding his gaze. "You knew!" He snapped at his sister. "Isa—," "Did you know?" he asked interrupting her. "Yes, well kind of—,"

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm your brother!" He barked at her. "Because I wasn't allowed to. This is a mate thing and that is Fate's territory. There are certain people and rules even I won't cross." Ahsha tried to explain. "Who is it?" He asked. "Where is she?" He added growing angrier. "Isaac stop it!" Veronica yelled.