Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

"Hurry up Nessa," Ria said.

"Come on you can do it," I encouraged.

"But it's so hard!" Nessa whined and both Ria and I grudgingly turned around then pulled her up from the lower ground.

"You're really not up for this." I pitied Nessa as she wiped the sweat that was on her forehead, her face looking exhausted as if she just ran a marathon.

"I'm really not good doing physical things, I get tired easily," she explained.

"Which is why she never get across the first challenge," Ria bluntly said as Nessa slapped her on the shoulder.

"Don't be mean, I'm already frustrated enough." Nessa pouted.

"Okay guys, we better get going, otherwise we'll be total losers."

"Damn right."

"Language Ria!"

We continued walking on the trail, getting deeper in the woods. Apparently the race began when our majestic airplane landed on the platform. The moment the door opened, everyone rushed out into the forest. I don't even know where we are and just followed along. Ria said that it was always the same first challenge. The goal was to get to the finish line which was supposed to have a big banner of K & Q somewhere on it. But seeing how big the forest was, it might take us forever to find it and get there.

I could feel someone watching us. It was not only now though, even when I was in the academy, I get the feeling that there's a pair of eyes watching me. Is it the enemy?

I turned around quickly, but to my dismay there was no one, just the innocent trees, plants and the ground we were stepping on. Damn, the stalker got away.

"What's wrong Clarissa?"

"Someone's watching us," I told them in a hushed tone.

"It's probably just the bodyguards," Ria said as she swatted a plant away.

"What do you mean?" Why would there be bodyguards here?

"Well you see, they're there to protect us if any harm comes in the way. You wouldn't really want a princess dying from a challenge."

"So nobody actually gets hurt."

"Yeah that's their duty, and you can give up anytime, just press the red button on the id," Ria explained and I nodded.

"Oh god we're here," Nessa exasperated, looking at the steep bridge. I could hear water running and I looked down the opening, a river full of rocks was rushing fast below. The bridge creaked, the rope on its sides looked like it would give away anytime and the wooden planks had holes on them.

"Ummm guys, don't you think this is a bit too dangerous?" I asked, feeling adrenaline rushing to me. We were far high up, and falling down might kill us because of the sharp rocks below.

Nessa clutched on my arm nervously. "Eeep, this bridge is scarier than last year's, but we don't have a choice."

"How can you be so sure that there's no other way?"

"Well I was able to get across the bridge, then over the swamps, through the rocks, and hiked the mountain before," Ria said as she placed her hands on her hips, "It's very tiring though, but I was able to get to the finish line at 180th place last year."

"How about the second challenge, what is it about?" Hopefully it wouldn't be like this again.

"It's a talent show, and I still sucked at painting then so I wasn't able to get to the next one."