Basket 32

Third POV

Though the game was starting to take a rather ugly turn, the only good thing that came out of it was that by the time halftime had approached, Seirin was leading with a score of 45 while Kirisaki stayed at a mere 40 points.

"Looks like Seirin managed to pull ahead five points," Kasamatsu commented, feeling some sort of relief that they had pulled ahead against such a formiddable opponent.

"By the skin of their teeth. They're still far from out of the woods," Kise reminded the captain as he leaned his chin on the back his hands while keeping a hard gaze on the court as the starters made their way back to their respective benches.

The blonde copycat kept sparing glances over at the sole female player. She seemed to have recovered from the shock of seeing her friend take a hard elbow to the face. The tall girl was now handing Izuki and Hyuga their water bottles, but it was clear to those watching her that she was still shooken up, her hands trembling slightly.

Hibiki couldn't even imagine what was going through his sister's head right now. It worried him, since seeing that Naoki basically had the same thing happen to him and he had some really bad repercussions from it. (Y/N) was praying it wasn't the same with Kiyoshi.

Aomine had seen quite enough for now, and since it was halftime, the navy haired boy didn't hesitate to stand up and head towards the stairs. And like always, Wakamatsu was the first to catch the ace as the pale blonde boy stood up from his seat.

"Hey, where the hell are you wandering off to now?" the second year hissed, actually trying to stay quiet so he wouldn't make a complete scene of himself like he sometimes did in games.

"Bathroom," Aomine simply answered as he climbed up the stairs and made his way towards the exit of the gym.

Wakamatsu kind of slumped down, thinking he could maybe reprimand the ace, but he couldn't stop the boy from using the bathroom if he needed to. Plus, if Momoi wasn't getting after him, then the navy blue haired boy would probably return to the gym. Dammit, the Touou center was kind of looking forward to yelling at Aomine at some point, but it looked like he wouldn't be able to get his wish.

Down on the court, Hanamiya was a little less than pleased, and it could be picked up the other members of Kirisaki Daiichi. Their captain was in one of his moods, and they also knew who was to blame for it. Furuhashi looked over at Kiyoshi, who still had a smile on his face despite just taking an elbow to the head. Guys like him were the ones Hanamiya hated the most.

The captain was in his own head before he felt something run into him. Oh, and he was not in any mood to have people stand in his way. Hanamiya didn't even realize he hadn't seen Kuroko standing there until the two of them collided.

"Get out of the way!" Kirisaki's captain barked before harshly grabbing the phantom by the shoulder and shoving him off to the side.

While it caught the light blue haired boy off guard for a second, Kuroko wanted answers and wouldn't hesitate to ask them.

"Hold on a second!" he called out, not using his normal tone of voice.

This was much louder, and (Y/N) had picked up on it as she turned towards her phantom friend. God, it made her heart leap once again when she saw it was Hanamiya standing there in front of Kuroko. And she became even more concerned when she noticed that the dark haired captain had stopped just short of a couple feet in front of the light blue haired boy.

"What?" Hanamiya snipped back, just deciding to amuse himself when he saw the look on the phantom's face.

"Tell me why. Why do you choose to play such an underhanded game? I understand wanting victory, but how's this fun?" Kuroko finally asked the captain.