XIV: who was she?

The more words that come out of Wendy's mouth, the more they won't notice the time that they are spending now.

The sky is already dark when the cousins ran into Mina a while ago, and now, the dark sky earlier is shaded with a much darker tone. It doesn't matter to Mina, though.

She never notices the time. She also doesn't have the appetite to go home yet, knowing that the feud between her and Sana is still in its place.

If you can picture this current situation, you will think that the three girls are having a good time catching up for updates about their own lives, well, not for Nayeon.

She appears fine on the surface, but the inside is much different. It's hard to stay still while facing her unwanted past that she just bumped into in the street. But she wonders why is Mina not showing any hatred for every feeling she's releasing to her right now. Is it because Wendy is here? Or what?

"Actually, there's nothing new with Nayeon's life right now. It's still the same even when it comes to her love life. It's so boring." Wendy scoffs and sticks out her tongue.

Nayeon furrowed upon hearing that from her annoying cousin. Her head urgently turned sideways when she heard that familiar soft giggle of the younger one. Oh, how she missed that giggle.

"I think there's something new about her, though." Then Mina also turns her sight to Nayeon. It's been a while since Nayeon look intently at Mina's warm orbs like this, this feeling came back again.

But, when will she going to get the answer to her question, asking what is this unfathomable sensation inside her that keeps on pushing her heart to skip a beat?

"Really? I don't see any changes to her." The squirrel-like girl asked back to Mina.

Wait, Mina... what are you trying to say, huh?

Inside Nayeon's mind, she wonders what Mina means when she said that there's something new about her.

"She's quiet, I see." With a deep and cool tone in Mina's voice, sounds like her English speaking is more eloquent and somehow, Nayeon feels impressed with that.

"Yeah... maybe thinking of something else? Like work, office stuff." The oldest shrugs as she sips her drink.

Mina's eyes kept its track of Nayeon's irresistible aura that is just beside her, so as Nayeon too.

She doesn't know if the reason of her heart skipping a beat is because of the coffee she's drinking right now or because of Mina's extreme gazing.

The two girls' eye contact takes too long to be ripped off of each other, it became intense that Nayeon can't even handle it anymore. There's this urge inside her that wants to just drag Mina outside this café and kiss her to vent this overly inexplicable feeling inside her.

But that idea is clearly a wrong thing. She keeps repeating to herself to control herself and just endure this for the meantime, this moment won't last, anyway.

"By the way, the two of you happened to meet me there a while ago. I assumed that you should be in the office or work?"

"Well, yes. We got off of work earlier today than expected. It should be 9 pm, but we decided to get home early," answered Wendy.

"Why is that?"

"Some stuff. Personal stuff." Nayeon suddenly said after like an eternity of being mute.

For some reason, Wendy and Mina were surprised and confused at the same time. Because first, this kind of side of Nayeon is really different from what they knew. Second, she's acting weird from what Wendy is seeing right now.