Ch 619: Knock

Lin Ye stared at his blank phone in confusion.

What was that?

That question rang in his head.

As he was staring at the dimmed phone screen in his hand, Lin Ye wondered if today was April Fool's or maybe a version of that in this world.

That can't be.

One, today was almost fucking November,

Two, his heart was telling him this was not a prank call.

Lin Ye took a deep breath and thought about what to do now. He had Mostima's number on him, calling her should be the best move now. Opening his contact, he scrolled and picked Mostima's name.

His phone rang as he put it against his ear. The sound of his phone buzzing went on for a while and then the call ended.

Again, he stared at the blank screen.

Just as he was about to think about anything, a sudden notification appeared.

It was the news app that he installed a few days ago.

He had to say, it was quite a useful thing to have. Knowing what was going on in his new world was something he quite liked. A son of a company was sent to prison for a reason that Lin Ye was too lazy to get to know about in Columbia, this world's version of America.

Weirdly enough he thought Laterano was America, with their guns and all that. But he was wrong. The Americans did not have a pope to govern their country, they had a president and Columbia had that too. If he had to say Laterano was more like Italy with its culture and buildings and how they governed their nation.

Talking about Laterano, although they were comparably smaller than most nations in Terra, Laterano is considered to be one of the strongest nations in the world. All of this was related to what race lived in this country.

The Sanktas.

Gunpowder was never invented, and this world version of guns used Originium Arts as their ammunition of all things.

Still, something that Lin Ye thought was stupid.

Of all things to use, they had to pick a goddamn cancer rock.

Anyways.

With this difference, people need to know... Gun Arts?

Yeah, he used that.

People need to know Gun Arts to fire a bullet. Not many people can use this type of Arts. However, this was where the Sanktas played a big role in giving Laterano their reputation. The Sanktas had a natural talent for using this Arts, giving them an advantage over other nations. That was not the only reason though. With them being the inventor of guns, they had a monopoly on them.

So, you can see why people considered Laterano to be one of the strongest nations.

See, he was learning so much from this app.

Lin Ye stared at the notification on his phone and raised his brow at it. With how everything was going now, Lin Ye was about to ignore this, but a certain sentence caught his attention.

[New Emperor of Yan]

He narrowed his eyes at it and pressed the icon. Reading through the article, his eyes widened.

The old emperor had stepped down from his throne and given it to his only successor, Ying Ren. But that was not what was bothering him, he really did not care who was the emperor of Yan. It was none of his business.